Home > Trip Reports > June 4, 2017, - Snoqualmie Pass

June 4, 2017, - Snoqualmie Pass

6/4/17
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by pipedream on 6/4/17 12:46pm
Was able to drive to Silas' bumper 5 miles down a bumpy forest road from Exit 54, continuous snow started a hop, skip & a jump away and after approx. 2k of mellow climbing through scrub brush and subalpine bowls we harvested approx. 1000' of thin, but excellent west-facing corn snow - the best I've had the pleasure of sampling this year. A hasty bootpack back to more or less the summit beneath clearing skies had us descending back to the PCT trailhead with only our shadows to keep us company. Taking a line never skied before we traversed both above and below a well-known waterfall, enjoying delightful spring turns as the afternoon turned to evening. A quick push along the road and we were back at the car grinning from ear-to-ear only regretting that we didn't have time for more.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/01b81aee1c7d939551a9c1d1ce090d40.jpg" />
Indeed. Silver Queen white corn harvest is very good this year. I'm headed back up for day five tomorrow. Easiest access to 1000' of 30 degree slopes I know in June.

Telling pic: Wow, it's that time of year already!!!

Lots of cars up there yesterday.  Still good!

"pipedream"

You did a nice "Road Conditions" report for the access to Silver Peak.  ;)

Silver was pretty great this morning.  Routefinding in the clear cut is getting interesting.

Put my name in for today's 6/6/2017 body count . On the out i veered left but kept getting funneled back in.

On Monday we veered left in the lower clearcut, following a very nice opening down to the pond(s) and then stood on skis for a mellow right traverse back to the last little bit through the  old forest back onto the road. Worked pretty well and seemed like it might hold up for at least a few more days,  but it had helped that we looked over that  way just a bit on the  way up. That said the mainline uptrack didn't seem like  it would have been that  bad - it was just a little more entertaining for us to wander a bit.

Here are a few images from Sun 6/4 and Mon 6/5

https://www.flickr.com/photos/11723786@N06/albums/72157684700521506

We are so fortunate to live and ski here!

Reply to this TR

june-4-2017-snoqualmie-pass
pipedream
2017-06-04 19:46:20