Home > Trip Reports > June 2, 2017, Silver Peak

June 2, 2017, Silver Peak

6/2/17
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by silaswild on 6/2/17 12:58pm
The road was drivable to 3600'. Straightforward skinning to the ridge crest. 1-2" butter cream skiing on west facing slopes for 1000'. Snow is melting fast. Get it now!
June 11: Drive 99% of the way to Windy Pass.  "ski" 85-90% of the way from car to N ridge step-over.  Main N basin still acceptable, W slopes toast; we dropped the alternative drainage on the E side of the N basin and it barely went through. Overall a great half day but I'd call it done.

Gave it a go on the W slopes. Connected the patches with minimal dry skiing/straightlining between rocks. Fun time, but I'd also call it done.
Good wildflower and post-ski grilling conditions, however.

We were up in the evening of 6/14. Drove within a hundred yards or so of the pass. Followed uptrack into the brush by the old growth treeline which was a mistake - pretty bad bushwhack on semi-dry ground to the pond at 4200'. NW basin was a lot of fun, good snow surface conditions up high off the ridge. Lappable but we ran out of time. On the way down we skied the switchbacked road/xc trail down to almost 3900' with one short carry - huge improvement! This will only last a couple more days though. Even on dry ground I think walking the road may be faster than the more direct bushwhack.

Reply to this TR

june-2-2017-silver-peak
silaswild
2017-06-02 19:58:29