May 24, 2017 Timberline

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
25 May 2017 14:21 #229685 by Zap
May 24, 2017 Timberline was created by Zap
I checked the weather forecast the night before and it was windy and the chance of drizzle. I parked at a snow park near Government Camp. The morning was sunny and cold but very windy. The lifts started at 8am and I just waited in the parking lot and made breakfast. Very few customers, like under 20 folks. Stormin Norman and the Magic Mile were running but Palmer had the chairs in the shed. It was very windy. At 9am, I started riding Stormin Norman and there is a bit of ice from the lift but I need to get in the terrain parks. The ski report says the Terrain Parks open at 10am BUT they are open. The terrain parks are soft and perfect corn. For one hour and a few of us skied the parks and only would see a couple of boarders. At 10am the folks started arriving. For 2 hours it was great.

OK, ride Magic Mile. It was a wind events. The lift is moving at a slower pace. A race camp is setting a course. I am by myself. Wrong plan. I get of looker right and it is “ICY”. But I found a line. Just before the lift opened, a snow cat set a fresh line of ground up ice that was now slush like. I skied a narrow line in soft icy that was fine. I get of the new line and it is icy. One run on Magic Mile and back to the terrain parks.

Today, I used my normal skis for the terrain. I looked at my skis at the end of the day and the skis were clean just as they started the day. Timberline snow is cleaner then Mt. Bachelor snow. Is it the salt or :) ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.