May 23, 2017 Mt. Bachelor

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
24 May 2017 21:38 #229684 by Zap
May 23, 2017 Mt. Bachelor was created by Zap
You can camp over night in the resort parking lot, but the fee is $15 but you have good wireless coverage. You can also my a “token” in the ticket area for a 3 minute shower. Bend was very hot so I decided to go down 6 miles to a snow park lot, that has a restroom if you need it and have wireless coverage plus it is free. It cooled down overnight for a nice sleep. I remember the younger TAY group you used the same place.

I got to the ski hill for the opening start at 8:30am and used my last MAXpass ticket. There was NO overnight freeze so it was hit all the groomers. I used my fat/powder/mush skis. I cut new lines and avoided the DEEP boarders great turns that were deep. The Summit lift area was also mush. Again, I skied the terrain parks and kept an eye on the flying boarders. I nice way to finish the day.
;)
Yesterday at the end of the day, I cleaned my skis of all the “black stuff” and re-waxed. Today, I had the same end to the day. Yes, I came slower as the day progressed. I thought it was old legs but it was the combination of legs and “black stuff”. I'm heading north.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.