Home > Forum > Alpental - 05/07/17 Last Day of a Great Season

Alpental - 05/07/17 Last Day of a Great Season

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
07 May 2017 14:45 #229634 by ddk
Arrived early (later than normal for me…finally got into the casual late start of life at Alpental, plus the drive is half my time going to X-Tal). Fair early crowd waiting for the normal 8:30 opening…hhhmmm I haven’t noticed that this late season…9AM sharp, managed to snag first chair on Armstrong…not a lot early was hyper pleasant, but every run was better and softer than the last…thought about Ch 2 early before the line blossomed…just was having to much fun in what has become my fav Hamster line off Armstrong…soft easy low angle bumps and then nice short really steep dropping bumps in a couple of spots – Hamster Heaven for me….Crowd on Armstrong (and even more on Chair 2) blew up around 10:30….one more run, one more run…then a nice pleasant beer and way over priced burger and potato things – good…but….standing outside watching the crowd and party. Jumped back into the Armstrong crowd mid day – bonus singles lines! Singles line closed to the base lodges was shortest…Never went up top – sad!...just not social enough to stand in the mass for the pleasant slow ride to the top…Folks still arriving when I bailed out…lines still fairly big…DJ music was nice and loud!

Other – No clue on Soup, Lots of beer flowing every where, Lots of party outfits (some very nice!), parking was packed almost all the way out the access road! Big day, Great (sadly) last day? (enough snow for another weekend!)…Great season, Great Thankyou Alpental for a Great Finish…I’m sure there should be lots of great “real” final reports to come! Probably a wrap for my main season lift skiing…unless Blackcomb or Hood call…Have a Great Summer!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.