Home > Forum > January 14-16, Whistler

January 14-16, Whistler

• marcr
  • [marcr]
More
20 Jan 2006 07:54 - 20 Jan 2006 07:58 #212203 by marcr
January 14-16, Whistler was created by marcr
First day up at Whistler in a few years. Conditions were excellent, so I got to explore a lot more of the terrain then on my last visit.<br><br>Lots of new snow. Coverage was great, but I still took a hit on my edge due to a submerged rock off of Peak chair. Some partially burried logs in the trees, but not too bad if you were watching where you were going.<br><br>Saturday was fairly mobbed, but the lines moved along pretty quickly, and by afternoon were not bad at all. I heard later that it was the busiest day of the year so far.<br><br>Sunday was very clear, so I got in lots of laps off of the peak chair, and a few in the gem bowls past spanky's ladder. First time over there, some really great steeps on nice snow.<br><br>Monday was more snow, and low visibilty up top. Hitting anything straight off the top was a fool's errand, so I took the cat track down to Bagel Bowl, which was really good, then back to the Blackcomb side for more runs in the gem bowls.<br><br>Can't wait to make another trip to the great white north.<br><br>Lots of snow. There was an avalanche in bounds. I don't have to much in the way of details, but there was a slide in West bowl. I didn't see or hear anything about this until I got back. I don't have a sub, so I haven't seen the full article, or found a report on avalanche.ca or any other website.<br><br>www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.ht...b8-8a2a-e4fff1bb0890

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.