Home > Forum > Alpental - 05/05/17 Cinco de Mayo

Alpental - 05/05/17 Cinco de Mayo

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
05 May 2017 14:49 - 05 May 2017 18:39 #229627 by ddk
Yee Haa!....Arrived extra early to get a Alpy Cinco shirt…(missed the pre sale)…aaaahhh…overnight lightning streaks screwed up the computers…took for ever to get a ticket (cash, hand written – very nicely customized)…got a very very nice shirt and still got onto Armstrong pretty early…pleasant early morning, great off piste skiing (kinda like Muir snow field in late May..just soft enough and not to sun cupped….but definitely not as nice as last Saturday).  Crowd pretty light for Cinco..weather…wetish off and on and wetter as the day progressed while I was skiing.  Did a few early runs on Armstrong and then jumped onto an empty Ch 2 (felt really slow mentally today…and kinda windy cool at the top…) but Nash was open and as noted last weekend skiers right side skied pretty nice…actually every thing on Upper and Lower Nash skied nicer (for me) than last Saturday…Lots of closed areas do to avie chances…and some big snow boulders…Kinda damp mist made me leave, better weather the next couple of days should make for a great last Alpy weekend!  See you all on the slopes. Coombas were very happy in the mush today!...saw a pair of BMW’s during my lunch break.

Other – As noted light crowd, no lift lines – even on Ch 2…allowed me more laps on Nash than last week.  No soup, but good beer and pizza (plus lots of Mex food – line was to big to stand in)….Parking was front row of the bridge for me…Parking in the party lots was intense and full, and full on party mode when I left....f-ed the date...corrected…

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jim Oker
  • [jim_oker]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
06 May 2017 10:44 #229630 by Jim Oker
Replied by Jim Oker on topic Re: Alpental - 05/05/17 Cinco de Mayo
Heading up shortly after regrouping from return from a road trip late yesterday. I'm guessing there will be lift lines like last weekend, again with more clean new designer ski wear than is typical at Alpental (but perhaps less edginess in the funnel for Chair 2 this weekend? felt almost like southern VT for a few of the lineups last weekend...).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.