Home > Trip Reports > April 29, 2017, Mt McLoughlin, SE Face Corn Perfection

April 29, 2017, Mt McLoughlin, SE Face Corn Perfection

4/29/17
Posted by cascadekid on 5/1/17 11:46am
It's been a while since I've cross-posted over here, but Mt McLoughlin is too good to pass up now.

It's a Southern Oregon gem. Where is everybody? You should all be skiing this bad boy.

Temps were into the low 40s at 7000' with only a light breeze and a few high clouds. Perfect corn was achieved at around 11-12.

Approach from the sno-park up the road for a mile or so and then head straight up. We went to the summer TH but the snow cover is currently good enough that that was excessive. Going straight up from the snowpark would be tedious at the bottom, and it was tedious on the descent. Aim for the forest service road on the way back down.

More details and photos here: http://mountainlessons.com/skiing/mt-mcloughlin-se-face
What a lovely mountain..glad u hit $$.  Might have to get down there and take in the huge snowpack

What a year for Oregon!  Thanks.._

Thanks for reminding me! It has been many years since I have done that mountain. This big snow year should bring me back! Thanks for the report.  ALL the cascades are ready for that last chance trip..........get it!

Reply to this TR

april-29-2017-mt-mcloughlin-se-face-corn-perfection
cascadekid
2017-05-01 18:46:48