telemark skiingbackcountry skiingPacific NorthwestWashington and Oregonweather linksThe Yuki AwardsMt. Rainier and Mt. Adams
Turns All Year
www.turns-all-year.com
  Help | Search | Login | Register
Turns All Year Trip Reports
Backcountry Skiing and Snowboarding

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
11/23/17, 03:51 PM

Become a TAY Sponsor!

Trip Reports Sponsor
Marmot Mountain Works
Marmot Mountain Works
Turns All Year Trip Reports
(1) Viewing these pages constitutes your acceptance of the Terms of Use.
(2) Disclaimer: the accuracy of information here is unknown, use at your own risk.
(3) Trip Report monthly boards: only actual trip report starts a new thread.
(4) Keep it civil and constructive - that is the norm here.

FOAC Snow
Info Exchange

NWAC Avalanche
Forecast
+  Turns All Year Trip Reports
|-+  2017 Backcountry Trip Reports
| |-+  April 2017 Backcountry Trip Reports
| | |-+  April 9, 2017 snoq armChair fodder
:
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]  All | Go Down Print
Author Topic: April 9, 2017 snoq armChair fodder  (Read 5803 times)
freeski

Re: April 9, 2017 snoq armChair fodder
« Reply #25 on: 05/14/17, 12:35 PM »

...as if this thread hasn't been hijacked enough already.

If you've got a bone to pick, and it sounds like you've got a few, take it to the pet store. Or start your own thread. If you've got something to say about the Snoqualmie environs or Chair Peak or anything relating to the original post, say it here. That's just basic etiquette.

My original post got hijacked from the get go. Hijacked and manipulated beyond my control.

Culture does not thrive under authoritarian manipulation and censorship and I resisted having my words forcefully and erroneously changed. I can't imagine anyone who would enjoy having words shoved down their throats.

As I have stated I certainly didn't enjoy having that position thrust upon me, but as a whole, with some contrition and humor, I feel that we came out ahead on the other side of this thread. I think that's a positive thing for everyone here. I believe my resistance bore a collective benefit. We came to a general agreement that posts here on TAY will not be edited without prior consent.

Your response feels like you never really read this thread. Like you missed the humor and levity.  Like you're just twisting Lowell's words as a pretext to project your personal issues. You are certainly free to do so, but I don't find it any more appropriate here than on many other threads here on TAY that you have similarly hijacked with your issues.

Please, take it somewhere else.

it would be a beautiful thing if we could lock this thread, I feel like it has run its course - - thank you!
if the moderators lock the thread it would be censorship and you fought so hard here to defend your right to say anything you want on the internet, however maybe that standard doesn't apply to others?

When you start engaging in vicious name-calling, I don't see anything humorous about that Behavior and that behavior should definitely not be part of the internet culture. And yes I will speak up when I see that behavior.

I'm suggesting that maybe you or anyone who feels the need to call someone a moron on the internet, should investigate the signs of internet addiction and take a break.

There's lots of causes out there that need people with passion to help fight to improve  social justice and improve the fabric for sustaining life on this planet.

Arguing with the moderators by trashing them on an Internet site is not a worthy cause,imo.

Get involved and stop looking after your own self-serving interests.

Peace out.

two sets of principles. They are the principles of power and privilege and the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege, it will always be at the expense of truth and justice
C Hedges
cumulus

« Reply #26 on: 05/14/17, 01:17 PM »

if the moderators lock the thread it would be censorship and you fought so hard here to defend your right to say anything you want on the internet, however maybe that standard doesn't apply to others?

When you start engaging in vicious name-calling, I don't see anything humorous about that Behavior and that behavior should definitely not be part of the internet culture. And yes I will speak up when I see that behavior.

I'm suggesting that maybe you or anyone who feels the need to call someone a moron on the internet, should investigate the signs of internet addiction and take a break.

There's lots of causes out there that need people with passion to help fight to improve  social justice and improve the fabric for sustaining life on this planet.

Arguing with the moderators by trashing them on an Internet site is not a worthy cause,imo.

Get involved and stop looking after your own self-serving interests.

Peace out.

Again: read the thread moron.  Wink  I never "defended the right to say anything I want on the internet" as you claim.
I defended not having posts invasively and non-consensually edited. Big difference.

This general courtesy extends to you (and your vicious, presumptuous, and ill-humored comments), and everybody else here on TAY as well.

Insults in public discourse have been part of American culture at least since Mark Twain wrote: “Reader, suppose you were a moron; and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.”

Not sure what cultural hole you live in but if you hang out here long enough, maybe it will expand.

Your continued attack is anything but peaceful, so please spare us your "peace out."  Unless that means you're all out of peace... in which case I get it. Or, as you may put it: an appropriate reflection of your "Behavior".

Think before you post.  I'm not interested in a pissing match... "There's lots of causes out there that need people with passion to help fight to improve  social justice and improve the fabric for sustaining life on this planet."
You may do well to take some of your own unsolicited advice.

Stefan
freeski

« Reply #27 on: 05/14/17, 01:31 PM »

Again: read the thread moron.  Wink  I never "defended the right to say anything I want on the internet" as you claim.
I defended not having posts invasively and non-consensually edited. Big difference.

This general courtesy extends to you (and your vicious, presumptuous, and ill-humored comments), and everybody else here on TAY as well.

Insults in public discourse have been part of American culture at least since Mark Twain wrote: “Reader, suppose you were a moron; and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.”

Not sure what cultural hole you live in but if you hang out here long enough, maybe it will expand.

Your continued attack is anything but peaceful, so please spare us your "peace out."  Unless that means you're all out of peace... in which case I get it. Or, as you may put it: an appropriate reflection of your "Behavior".

Think before you post.  I'm not interested in a pissing match... "There's lots of causes out there that need people with passion to help fight to improve  social justice and improve the fabric for sustaining life on this planet."
You may do well to take some of your own unsolicited advice.

"The following symptoms are typical of online addicts:
Feelings of guilt
Anxiety
Depression
Dishonesty
Euphoric feelings when in front of the computer
Unable to keep schedules
No sense of time
Isolation
Defensiveness
Avoiding doing work
Agitation"

two sets of principles. They are the principles of power and privilege and the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege, it will always be at the expense of truth and justice
C Hedges
cumulus

« Reply #28 on: 05/14/17, 03:33 PM »

You're calling Mark Twain an internet addict?  That's cool. 
At my house sometimes Beethoven comes over to watch TV.

Stefan
Pages: 1 [2]  All | Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Thank you to our sponsors!
click to visit our sponsor: Feathered Friends
Feathered Friends
click to visit our sponsor: Marmot Mountain Works
Marmot Mountain Works
click to visit our sponsor: Second Ascent
Second Ascent
click to visit our sponsor: American Alpine Institute
American Alpine Institute
click to visit our sponsor: Pro Guiding Service
Pro Guiding Service
Contact turns-all-year.com

Turns All Year Trip Reports ©2001-2010 Turns All Year LLC. All Rights Reserved

The opinions expressed in posts are those of the poster and do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of Trip Reports administrators or Turns All Year LLC

Turns All Year Trip Reports | Powered by SMF 1.0.6.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.