Blackcomb 4/26/17

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
26 Apr 2017 20:29 #229589 by avajane
Blackcomb 4/26/17 was created by avajane
After yesterday's fog and gloom, I started early and stayed late and made it a great day! There was an inch or two of powder up high and I hit Solar Coaster first thing and had 3 amazing runs of powder over smooth groomer. As much fun as I can have on a groomer! Seventh Heaven opened and I went over and did the same thing there on Panorama,and Cloud Nine for 3 runs till it got skied out. Like I had done yesterday, I did the high Traverse to Ridge Runner and got another thin powder groomer. As Crystal wasn't open again, I had to drop into the rain and ride back up the Excelerator Chair. Because it was such an uncrowded day, I kept watching my vertical stats and could see I was in the top 5-10 all morning. Eating lunch killed that. Now that the powder was gone I had to work harder for my motivation, and soon found myself drinking coffee in the Horstman Hut hoping for the fog to clear again. I lucked out just after 3 and got a very good sunny run down an almost untracked Secret Bowl. There was just enough new snow to cover up the old mank. I was so pleased that I kept going right till the end with a final run down Zigzag all by myself. 27k with a 10:00 lift start was a pretty good day for me.

It's still very frustrating they are running so few lifts. They are the only game in town and are taking advantage of it. Please complain.....The locals don't.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.