Home > Forum > WTB: St. Helens permit

WTB: St. Helens permit

• armin
  • [armin]
More
24 Apr 2017 13:19 #229584 by armin
WTB: St. Helens permit was created by armin
Hi all,

I am wondering if anybody has a St. Helens permit for May 14th to sell (Yes, that is Mother's Day). Please pm me if you are so inclined.

Thanks for considering!

Armin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2017 09:13 #229585 by haggis
Replied by haggis on topic Re: WTB: St. Helens permit
Plenty during the week if you want to mix it up a bit!

More
26 Apr 2017 09:51 #229587 by tabski
Replied by tabski on topic Re: WTB: St. Helens permit
i haven't been paying much attention to the permitting up there... but looked through their calendar of available permits recently... what a bummer to see every weekend totally sold out for many months to come. Seems like a flawed system, but I guess you have to do something...

related, some groups there a week ago reported extremely impressive snowmobile traffic all over the whole mountain, including in the crater, even tracks entering the crater not just from below, but from the rim. Ugh.

• Good2Go
  • [Good2Go]
More
26 Apr 2017 22:09 - 26 Apr 2017 23:03 #229591 by Good2Go
Replied by Good2Go on topic Re: WTB: St. Helens permit
Regarding the snomo tracks, sledders aren't supposed to go in narrow corridor above the Marble Mountain Sno Park, but most everywhere else around that area is "fair game".  The crater is forbidden fruit to all travelers, but personally, I think we should be able to ski it.  Many tasty lines in there.  Here's an article that lays out the snomo rules:  www.wta.org/news/signpost/new-snowmobile-limits-on-st.-helens