Crystal - 04/15 Tax Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 Apr 2017 16:50 #229504 by ddk
Crystal - 04/15 Tax Day was created by ddk
Short report – OUCH! BIG! If you were doing HC and those happier folks heading out South!

Lot of words report – Arrived extra early, stood in line extra long with lots of folks that were still expecting the early opening streak – did not happen (though CHex started loading around 8:55 and I remember hearing a lot of complaints from the Gondy line that did not start loading at the same time)…but didn’t matter…headed straight from CHex to FQex to HC…started out a chair ahead but do to slow wax got passed by Freebird (? Carl?) and by the time I jumped on to HC I was riding with some other “nice” person….and the crowd was not far behind…Dropped into PB just right of center (somebody plus Carl had already straight lined the center spine) and it was pretty dang sweet in the sun…Ouch!...repeat! but the line up on HC was already fair sized…got lucky and snagged a single at the front of the bulge…got another nice “almost” untracked line down PB…and it was time to become casual…so finally did REX….no line, great in GV bowl early, still nice on MIFB and LS when I did it…then the rest of the day was a couple of laps on PB watching the conga line heading south (and some nice skiing down the front of the King…so sad I’m so lazy). Kept that cycle up most of the day…a few laps on REX and then a few laps on PB…got warm enough to soften SunnySide and BP’s (one line in Bearpits) in the early afternoon…but noticed everything (even PB center) was getting a little firmer when some wispy clouds would blow through. No crowds, only lift lines I noticed were on HC – which was not mid winter big….I stood in it more than once…so it was a short line. Big heat tomorrow will make for some great spring slush muck! Might still go tomorrow…but big food brunch is kinda early tomorrow afternoon…and Sun Rise Service will be really big and awesome….

Other – BIGGER BONUS was end of my Crystal season Chicken Noodle soup at CB lodge…been a great soup season for me…As noted a very small crowd, nicer weather than expected, more sun, almost warm, got some soft spring and worked a couple of lines in BP’s and SunnySide for the weekday crowd this next week. Parking was typical, but the Pay lot got full and B and C might have each been sort of widely spaced half full.

Other Other – Drive up and down was screaming fast…till sadly a short slow down on the way home just pasted Fed Forest where what looked like a motorcycle did not have a good time with a car (old Honda?)…motorcycle was nasty looking….sad…A Saturday with nice sun and random folks heading out for a ride or drive…

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.