Home > Forum > AWOL at Alpental on 4/17

AWOL at Alpental on 4/17

• NWAC
  • [Friends of NWAC]
More
04 Apr 2017 12:02 #229407 by NWAC
AWOL at Alpental on 4/17 was created by NWAC
Join NWAC and evo for our final fundraiser and spring bash on April 17th at Alpental!

We'll have the mountain to ourselves for an epic party complete with lift service, the best of next year's demos, beer, BBQ, raffle, prizes and more!

Tickets (required for attendance): awolatalpental.bpt.me/
Event Updates: www.facebook.com/events/412053479175080/

Date: April 17th, 2017, lifts open at 9:00am
Where: Alpental
What: Ride / Food / Beer / Demos / Raffle

Demos and Raffles from sponsor partners:
Outdoor Research, Salomon Ski and Snowboard, Nordica, Line Skis, Full Tilt Boots, Atomic, Jones, YES, Now, K2 Skis, Lib Tech, GNU, Oakley, Burton, Anon, Volkl, Marker, Armada Skis, Nitro, CAPiTA, Union, Arc'teryx, Patagonia, Swixsport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
17 Apr 2017 18:25 #229527 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Re: AWOL at Alpental on 4/17
This turned out really well. A reasonable day weather wise with just a few showers. Chair two was cloudy in the morning but it cleared up enough to have pretty good visibility. It was really strange having an almost private ski area. There were two runs when I had international totally to myself and another couple of runs with only one or two other skiers. The snow in Nash was pretty darn good. Not too icy not too sloppy. A few places on the lower flats did get a bit sticky in the afternoon. Conditions generally we're just good Spring fun. The demo deal was really easy. Most of time I just walked right up and got the skis I wanted. The best part was the lunch. Pulled pork and roast beef sandwiches, potato salad, really good coleslaw, chips, pop, and a free beer. The raffle was fun even though I didn't win anything. But I did get a second free beer from the Armada rep. Kudos to EVO for putting this on, and to NWAC for being themselves.

More
17 Apr 2017 22:24 #229535 by gregL
Replied by gregL on topic Re: AWOL at Alpental on 4/17

Pulled pork and roast beef sandwiches, potato salad, really good coleslaw, chips, pop, and a free beer.

Ahhh, you should have moved on down the line to the BBQ Brisket, which took the prize. A great low-key day with friends and people you'd like to have as friends, and it only rained hard for about 15 minutes. Probably won't be so uncrowded next year if they can pull it off on a pow week.