Home > Trip Reports > March 26, 2017, Snoqualmie

March 26, 2017, Snoqualmie

3/26/17
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by cumulus on 3/27/17 1:39am
(Snow-Low-)No expectations were exceeded on Sunday... some fine powder out there still. And no people--thank you Ruby! or something like that...gardening and cherry blossom ogling certainly eliminate the potential for marginal results this time of year. Skied several laps in the 4-5K zone. Best snow was in protected areas, shaded and out of the wind, much like late January...but with a bit more water content in the flakes.

Pole penetration averaged about ~34" with the lower more saturated and granular snow bottoming out on a harder layer. Weather was extremely variable vacillating all day between spring and winter temps. We experienced strong cold wind squalls and witnessed rapid ridge top loading, our skin track quickly filling in. Reactive on the ridges as is to be expected. Stayed away from open slopes for the most part, which tended to be crustier anyhow. Beautiful day out.

On the way out there seemed to be a canine convention going on in the Alpental valley with much barking and even a snowmobile up the valley... not sure what that was all about. Anybody know?

Hey Stefan, we can't see your photos

thanks Kam,
looks like Googoo photos forces me to make an album in order to designate them public... won't do it for individual photos as far as I could tell

Somewhere I heard there was some avy dog training going on this weekend in the area.

author=Chuck C link=topic=38205.msg154860#msg154860 date=1490797107]
Somewhere I heard there was some avy dog training going on this weekend in the area.

There was, indeed. I found the stomped to shit training area they were using on my way out of GB Trees late Sunday afternoon / early Sunday eve.

The dog training was below Sweet Little Annie's at the end of the groomed road

Reply to this TR

march-26-2017-snoqualmie
cumulus
2017-03-27 08:39:21