Home > Forum > BC & CA road trips: Exec Summary

BC & CA road trips: Exec Summary

• skibacks
  • [skibacks]
More
14 Mar 2017 11:40 #229221 by skibacks
BC & CA road trips: Exec Summary was created by skibacks
Great summary by CD of his road trip.  Lifts do make all the difference.  And I appreciate your exec summary of Jackson - no sense taking a day off from Grand Targhee to drive to Jackson for this old Turbo Geezer.   I kinda feel the same way about Whistler, but it was cold and rock hard.   

Crystal has one of the best lift systems - it spreads the people out and with the variety of terrain, something is always good, regardless of the weather and the Rainer Expess, Crystal's "mothership" can waste a set of legs in short order. 

After WA, BC & CA road trips, the do overs are Sugar Bowl(great lifts and terrain variety) & Mammoth for the same reasons.   Squaw Valley is just too crowded, but hit Wildflour Bakery and Deli for awesome food(even though I too am a PB&J on chair guy); Alpine Meadows is similar with all slow lifts.   BC do overs are Revelstoke, Kicking Horse and Fernie- the latter if I had to just pick one.  Mt Baker is always fun and I need to re-learn Stevens. Lastly, I have never had a bad time in Sun Valley - the last visit still leaves a fuzzy feeling - a late afternoon storm session on Warm Springs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.