Home > Forum > Crystal 3/10 Spring Skiing

Crystal 3/10 Spring Skiing

• Eric Lindahl
  • [ejlindahl]
More
10 Mar 2017 20:27 - 10 Mar 2017 20:38 #229161 by Eric Lindahl
Crystal 3/10 Spring Skiing was created by Eric Lindahl
With a need to kill some time and none of the regulars posting yet, I'll step in.   Maybe someone would like to know how it was today:  Some of the best spring skiing I've had.  Groomers were perfect softness from the start, 8:45 til last run down Lower Bull at 4:05.  I didn't ski Lucky Shot nor Green Valley in the afternoon but Iceberg had no build up of slush islands as often happens on a spring afternoons.  Good to the end.  Did I mention it was sunny and warm all day with a few clouds drifting about.  By the afternoon the kids had the bump line cut in down Break Over and it was time for this old man to make some laps for the memories.  Bumps were perfect:  Soft but not too soft.  Not slush/wet, slow down spring snow but the good fast stuff.  Lots of fun. 

What a surprise after yesterday afternoon's rain fest:  Wet butt and thighs are tolerable but when it starts running down your shins and into your boots its time to stop.  None-the-less, yesterday morning was great fun with dry enough snow and plenty of left overs with a 4-6 inch refresh.

Wonder what tomorrow will bring.......

No soup report, I am a P, B & J-on-the-chair guy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2017 09:30 #229165 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal 3/10 Spring Skiing
Congrats on what sounded (and looked from the cams) like a great day....proved my opinion that I screewed up yesterday (and payed attention to much about the dire weather forecasts - dang). Should (almost) always go...except for maybe today. Cant wait for today's report. Thanks for yesterdays...make me feel bad report.

ps - I don't eat in the lodges very often and hardly ever the soup...its just a weird part of my reports.

• Lowell_Skoog
  • [Lowell_Skoog]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 Mar 2017 17:46 #229188 by Lowell_Skoog
Replied by Lowell_Skoog on topic Re: Crystal 3/10 Spring Skiing
Wish I hadn't been fooled by the weather report. Was planning to take a friend to Crystal on Friday but bailed and went gym climbing instead. And then the "better day" never materialized on Saturday. Oh well, next time.

• John Morrow
  • [John_Morrow]
More
13 Mar 2017 06:25 #229198 by John Morrow
Replied by John Morrow on topic Re: Crystal 3/10 Spring Skiing

ps - I don't eat in the lodges very often and hardly ever the soup...its just a weird part of my reports.

Please don't stop, it'd be like NWAC taking the day off in January