Home > Trip Reports > January 15, 2006, Arrowhead Peak

January 15, 2006, Arrowhead Peak

1/15/06
Posted by Jason_H. on 1/16/06 4:25am
I don't have any photos of face shots yet (as I am not part of the digital world), but I can assure you on Arrowhead Peak we found more than a few to wipe the grins off our faces and plaster them with smiles.

We took three runs from at or near the summit. The first on  unbelievable virgin tracks of powder of which, after another group went down, left us all alone with too much of it to play with.  

Non deterred, the second, while not as good as the first left us wondering if we had time for another. After climbing back up for a third time, we traversed east (?) of the arrowhead rock formation and skied down steep, sustained slopes. Due to knee troubles I wasn't able to tele, but even p-turning on my teles I enjoyed the run. Maybe there is something to downhilling? Naw ;D. Tele till I die 8).

Visibility remained pretty good throughout the day. Blue sky even blessed us a few times. Overall a day worth the effort and a place worth returning too. I'll definitely be getting more face shots there in the future.

Here is a video capture from Phils head cam:

very nice, Jason!  yeah, stick to tele. i was just on AT not long ago.  the face plants aren't as fun.  ;)

Man...you get to ski a whole month ahead of me...thats not fair! How does the snowpack look in February? Nice pic by the way. Great to see some blue sky in the background.

Thanks guys. It seems like I got the wrong month and year on the TR  ???

Kam, there is definitely nothing like a face plant on tele  ;)

Reply to this TR

january-15-2006-arrowhead-peak
Jason_H.
2006-01-16 12:25:18