telemark skiingbackcountry skiingPacific NorthwestWashington and Oregonweather linksThe Yuki AwardsMt. Rainier and Mt. Adams
Turns All Year
www.turns-all-year.com
  Help | Search | Login | Register
Turns All Year Trip Reports
Backcountry Skiing and Snowboarding

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
09/23/17, 10:01 PM

Snohomish County
Volunteer Search & Rescue Team

Trip Reports Sponsor
American Alpine Institute
Turns All Year Trip Reports
(1) Viewing these pages constitutes your acceptance of the Terms of Use.
(2) Disclaimer: the accuracy of information here is unknown, use at your own risk.
(3) Trip Report monthly boards: only actual trip report starts a new thread.
(4) Keep it civil and constructive - that is the norm here.

FOAC Snow
Info Exchange

NWAC Avalanche
Forecast
+  Turns All Year Trip Reports
|-+  Hot Air
| |-+  Random Tracks: posts that don't fit elsewhere
| | |-+  Clarify Post
:
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]  All | Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clarify Post  (Read 28902 times)
flowing alpy

Re: Clarify Post
« Reply #25 on: 03/12/17, 03:55 PM »

Moderation is an interesting problem.

And no, I don't care to follow a TGR mod around for a day :-)
It has been quite interesting over at the mothership, modding the kooks, some that are over the top zealots for their respective teams. Maybe it's a bit brash and tends to get nsfw in a heartbeat but the community I've met thru the tgr's has been top notch folks!

You are welcome to follow me around Alpental for A day:-)
Jim Oker

« Reply #26 on: 03/12/17, 08:21 PM »

There's definitely a good side to contributing to a community of folks who  share a passion!

And yes, that's a "follow around" offer I'll  happily take you  up  on!
gravitymk

« Reply #27 on: 03/13/17, 10:55 AM »

Wait. Using sarcasm, the lowest form of comedy, would certainly qualify as a reason for a life time ban on any forum except maybe TGR. How certain are you of the facts here? I wasn't around then.

Disagree (but that's like my opinion man).
Everyone has a personality and a way that they express themselves (including you and your "get-off-my-lawn" persona). To each their own.

Banning someone for sarcasm alone is just another version of intolerance.
You have an opinion, fine, just remember that it's your own and that others will make of it what they will.

freeski

« Reply #28 on: 03/15/17, 12:31 PM »

Dear nch and ncmg- i sent a pm to the admin. here and requested that if you guys find any of my posts to be improper or that i am not being accurate in my posts-just pm me or the admin and those posts will be gladly removed from the site.

i'm not here to defame any guides or your companies, and try to be accurate and truthful in my reporting.

I'm here to give other bc skiers in my community an idea of what it is like to have to be a public land watch dog and deal with the conflict (safety,social and envoirnmental) that comes from having to re-create and share terrain with motorized helicopter access to our sacred mountains.

And please know that  you are most welcome to join the conversation, as your pov on these issues is missing and would be educational.

thank you, chris
« Last Edit: 03/15/17, 12:44 PM by freeski » Logged

"I'm not making love to anyones wishes, only for that light I see." Cat Stevens
TonyM

« Reply #29 on: 03/29/17, 06:45 PM »

As Steve Irwin used to say, "Easssyyyy black snake."  Jesus Christ!!, we're reading and writing about skiing! 

If you don't appreciate what the (unpaid) moderator does for us (thank you moderator), start your own f'ing site.  And publish the URL... I'll be one of the first to join.  Or, go ski something and write a trip report instead of reading Random Tracks. 

WAITING.  Snowflakes!
« Last Edit: 03/29/17, 07:10 PM by TonyM » Logged

mountains will add years to your life, and life to your years
T. Eastman

« Reply #30 on: 03/29/17, 09:13 PM »

Burn the serious and deeply concerned folks at the stake!

Lighten up and let the stories evolve...

freeski

« Reply #31 on: 03/30/17, 09:11 AM »

Disagree (but that's like my opinion man).
Everyone has a personality and a way that they express themselves (including you and your "get-off-my-lawn" persona). To each their own.

Banning someone for sarcasm alone is just another version of intolerance.
You have an opinion, fine, just remember that it's your own and that others will make of it what they will.

Sorry, i didn't see your post until just now. I was trying to be sarcastic in that post you quoted.

Sarcasisn doesn't translate well using this imperfect form of forum communication.

the truth is, when i joined the site, i sent a pm to the admin requesting that pnwbrit be unbanned (if my memory is correct).   

Marcus
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: 03/30/17, 09:14 AM »

the truth is, when i joined the site, i sent a pm to the admin requesting that pnwbrit be unbanned (if my memory is correct).   

No, you did not.
freeski

« Reply #33 on: 03/30/17, 10:10 AM »

No, you did not.
are you sure about that?

back then i didn't always check the save box for my sent pm.

i did check your messages to me and there is a response from you when we were discussing censorship.

in your pm to me it's clear that we talked about pnwbrit, and knowing myself, i would have sided with pnwbrit against an authority figure.

do i have your permission to post a quote from your pm concerning  the matter?

Or, maybe you have the pm that i sent to you that i didn't save?

Que music-que dialog ''this has been another episode of 'as turns all year turns'.''  peace out
« Last Edit: 03/30/17, 10:24 AM by freeski » Logged

oftpiste

« Reply #34 on: 03/30/17, 12:56 PM »

quoting to display my long-standing signature line.....

and scotty, you forgot about the english teeth thing.

PNWBrit( Banned) is my BFF and powder brother. I will act as his surrogate, his Kellyanne Conway no less.
My official statement on this issue is.

" PNWBrit was banned for being very snarky about some tourists avalanche protocol and became involved in a dispute with Marcus where accusations of hypocrisy was directed to each of them by each other. He was then banned for life. Being English( a miserable race , full of self -loathing  disguised by weak chins and stiff upper lips), his innate level of snarkiness and highly developed uber-sarcasm was too advanced for the PC inhabitants of TAY. He  is extremely proud of his banning and reminds us remaining users of the TAY site  that know him, that we are inferior as we have not yet been banned like him. He would never rejoin even if given a full acquittal as he considers all of the TAYers ( Including me, his BFF  Sad) as gaiter loving, hyper PC, self righteous clowns."

Thank You.

BRING BACK PNW BRIT!!!!
BRING BACK PNW BRIT!!!!
BRING BACK PNW BRIT!!!!
BRING BACK PNW BRIT!!!!
wickstad

« Reply #35 on: 03/31/17, 08:39 PM »

Tooth insult video.  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=izrB19Av2vk

It was an insecure Scotsman who initiated the tooth insulting.  I was away from the computer for a few hours and came back to find PNWBrit had been banished from Tay so I assumed it had something to do with tooth insult piling on.  PNWBrit has since denied this on another forum.  Since I missed it I can only defer to what he said.  He did say something to the effect that if it made me feel good that I was the reason that he got banished then that was okay.  Those were and are my teeth.

My analysis is that the PNWBrit banishing from tay was probably collateral damage caused by some vociferous forum posters that were damaging other popular talk forums.  Maybe Elias' intern is still available to suss out what really went down.

rlsg

« Reply #36 on: 04/04/17, 07:31 PM »

GREAT VIDEO!!
wickstad

« Reply #37 on: 04/04/17, 09:28 PM »

GREAT VIDEO!!

Ha ha!  And yeah!  Video has close to a hundred new views since I reposted it.  Not my vid though.  MikeR did the editing.  I did some of the filming.  I think maybe Matt did some filming as well.  MikeR is one of those rare folks who can make skiing even funner than it is to begin with.
Pages: 1 [2]  All | Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Thank you to our sponsors!
click to visit our sponsor: Feathered Friends
Feathered Friends
click to visit our sponsor: Marmot Mountain Works
Marmot Mountain Works
click to visit our sponsor: Second Ascent
Second Ascent
click to visit our sponsor: American Alpine Institute
click to visit our sponsor: Pro Guiding Service
Pro Guiding Service
Contact turns-all-year.com

Turns All Year Trip Reports ©2001-2010 Turns All Year LLC. All Rights Reserved

The opinions expressed in posts are those of the poster and do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of Trip Reports administrators or Turns All Year LLC

Turns All Year Trip Reports | Powered by SMF 1.0.6.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.