Home > Trip Reports > March 6, 2017, Snoqualmie Pass, Commonwealth

March 6, 2017, Snoqualmie Pass, Commonwealth

3/6/17
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by heinzsd on 3/6/17 9:43am
Ventured deep into Commonwealth to do some recon on Cave ridge and Mt. Snoqualmie, which I hadn't really checked out before. I wouldn't say we nailed the tour since we found ourselves below some great looking terrain without knowing how to get above it.  But we wanted to keep the tour mellow to keep out of harms way from above, but managed to find some short runs of good safe pow and lots of fun pillows regardless. So if anyone has good beta on approaches and general tour beta I'd love to hear it.

But the real info is that its DEEP out there.  Snowed almost the whole time with intermittent sun breaks even as it was snowing.  Ski penetration was knee deep.  Lots of loose-dry point releases coming down off cliffs and trees that were only a few inches, but would contain a fair amount of snow by the time they came to a rest.  We got hit unsuspectedly by one during a transition but had stopped behind some trees so its wasn't consequential, nor was it terribly large but could have hid some gear.

Good skiing up in the Snow Lake divide today as well. Incredibly deep, light, good-skiing snow. This week looks to be stacking up nicely

Reply to this TR

march-6-2017-snoqualmie-pass-commonwealth
heinzsd
2017-03-06 17:43:19