Crystal - 03/03

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
03 Mar 2017 16:39 - 03 Mar 2017 16:42 #229053 by ddk
Crystal - 03/03 was created by ddk
Short report – Nice Rainier Donut Holes of sun most of the day, interspersed with grey fuzzy vis and snow showers, cold enough, windy at times in spots, no crowds, no lift lines, great groomers and surprisingly fun conditions in some of my fav Hamster Treadmill runs.

Long report – Got #1 spot on CHex early…small random out of town crowd lined up early, no full chairs to start…Started out with Sun on top of REX for a couple of great untracked (in the smooth spots between lumps) lines in GV and screamer smooth runs down MIFB…plus a early run down one of the last Doors to LS screamer smooth.  PB called early since the vis was good enough…was great early but the 10 o’clock hour was probably the best of vis and lots of fast lines in the “almost” sun.  Total Hamster day never going farther south then PB to OuterFerks to Lucky Trees (Junior Free Ride comp had BP’s locked up most of the day), to my fav lines in the last Doors!  OUCH! Havent gotten to do my fav slot so many times so fast on such nice packed powder snow!  OUCH again!  Did a M-world run, but it still had some sun/heat impact…Coombas thought it was okay but maybe my brain was somewhere behind them!  Great, better than expected day (when I checked this morning and only 2ish new and warmish temps made me think it was gonna be a kinda wet not so happy day….NOT!).  My #1 had a great day skiing and getting her boots worked on.  I had a great day bumping into her randomly for a be nice and chill ski run….sandwiched between totally hamster high speed heaven!  Totally bonus unexpected day.  Did I say that I really really like my Coombas?

Other – CB lodge is on a Triple C streak, fair crowd there when I passed through…Pay lot small enough and looked like it was actually full, C and B full to the shuttle stops.  Easy fast drive up and still okay on the drive down (no Elk sightings…made #1 sad).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.