Home > Trip Reports > March 1, 2017, Xtal barely March barely turns

March 1, 2017, Xtal barely March barely turns

3/1/17
Posted by telemack on 3/2/17 4:06am
After a meniscus tear and possibly before surgery, I had to get adaptive for some skiing.  I rode the ski bus its last day but brought skins instead of riding lifts.  Two short laps to the top of Gold Hills earned me a couple of untracked runs on 12-14" of heavy fresh.  114 months, and I have role models here for people who squeezed surgery/rehab in less than two months!  Skiing was easier than walking.....
Gold Hills lift is usually not running weekdays---opened for a bit at noon.  They don't groom it when it's closed, so most tracks were from folks descending from the cabins up there.  It's a good place for us invalids or for those looking for "learning tours".  Instant access to non-corduroy and no conflicts with lift skiers.  A sign facing the top of the lift said no skier traffic on the snowmobile roads, but the skin track was separate until the last few yards.
Other:  No precip. while on the mountain.  Mellow traffic except for the usual Buckley area jam-up.  I had some hang time in the almost-empty Bullwheel with Mr. and Ms. ddk; when I'm healed we'll actually ski  :)
A "tear".  We need a great story . Please enhance the powder run when someone cut you off and caused the "tear".

What?  Does that mean your out of play for a bit???

Reply to this TR

march-1-2017-xtal-barely-march-barely-turns
telemack
2017-03-02 12:06:35