Stevens Pass - 02/28

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
28 Feb 2017 19:44 #228992 by ddk
Stevens Pass - 02/28 was created by ddk
Short report – Good vis early, snowing, nice deep snow everywhere, light crowd, cold, better vis later, lots of nice left over pillows of deep all day, great fun on Hogsback early morning, even greater lots of fun on Southern Cross! Great fall line skiing.

Bigger wordy report – Truly a nice day, I committed last week already to ski with a work buddy who lives in Monroe today…(So the phone from BINX while I was suffering driving back to Renton from the way far north…to ask me some pertinent questions about how I missed the most incredible day in the last four years?  Had a good day but the drive at the moment was not so pleasant as going to Crystal…(should have hired a homeless person for the ride south of Bellevue)…But we did have a nice day skiing a lot of untracked (deep I thought at the time) snow early and lots of happy left over’s all day.  Gotta say though the “Blue” ice I saw in some places was impressive – most have been truly ugly a few short days ago (as Quick Foot noted recently).  Skied longer today than I have all season, since I had to pay actual money for the day…

Other – Soup (in what ever lodge I was in) was Vegy Red Lentil – good but the servers did not know how “special” I am about soup.  Parking….Better even than Zap gets – we got front row center at 8:15…massive painful walk.  Drive, okay early morning – just barely but still long, drive back – ouch! From Bellevue south…ugly…how do those people do that everyday?
PS wheres the Crystal report ....BINX? ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2017 20:13 #228993 by Binx
Replied by Binx on topic Re: Stevens Pass - 02/28
Short report, two words PER-FECT!!!!! No crowds ,13-16 inches of blower type, keep your mouth
closed snow. Quite possible one of top 5 days ever at Crystal. Even the big boss who helped open the mtn.
with patrol said best day of the year. Fresh lines most of the day due to lack of people. Missed ya DDK. :(
Your soup was Veggie Beef. left mtn @3:15. Great day, one to behold! :)

• Donnelly_M
  • [Donnelly_M]
More
01 Mar 2017 00:30 #228996 by Donnelly_M
Replied by Donnelly_M on topic Re: Stevens Pass - 02/28
Ice still present in spots, but an epic day regardless!

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
01 Mar 2017 17:20 #229017 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Re: Stevens Pass - 02/28
Good skiing, especially liked the way you nailed Tye Mill chair line in the opening segment.