Crystal - 02/20 Big Bonus Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
20 Feb 2017 15:53 - 20 Feb 2017 17:19 #228882 by ddk
Crystal - 02/20 Big Bonus Day was created by ddk
Short report – AWSOME! I was in the Happy Heaven of  Hamster Treadmill Life!  Havent skied that fast in a lot of places in a very long time!  I imagine every place was awesome today…Mr and Mrs Scotsman should have had a really great day!

To many words report - Lordy Lordy Gotta say a really BIG bonus day!  Arrived early….just in case…got my fav spot on CHex gates…snowing hard from before I arrived ( 3+ in the parking lot), snowing even harder most of the morning, short early lift line on CHex (racers had all left – nice quiet casual lodge this morning…not so later), no lift lines on REX or HC all day, with some cluster around FQex during the 10 am main arrival time for many folks…What a difference a day makes….first line was in the last Door! And it was very nice and deep…from that point it was a blur of runs from Valley/Memorial to Sunnyside to Breakover (tight to the trees) to many repeats in the Doors, to Lucky Trees, to Bearpits (hard left) to PB! (worth a number of repeats in the knee deep snow)…Just a plan dang OUCH! kinda day.  Snowing so hard that when I did runs mid day that no one had done since opening they were filled in and almost better than the first time (since the big piles that folks missed the first time were even deeper the second time around).  Nice up high and cold enough till around noon+ time when the conditions were starting to get noticeably wetter (goggle wipes required every other turn).  Winds never a issue, just lots of big lazy fat flacks of snow falling and filling in everything…Still could hit the hard layer in places and if I missed a turn and hit some main turn path…otherwise it was just plain nice.  Incredible recover from what I heard where some big rains.

Other – Soups at CB lodge where The Triple C (eskinmo was impressive on how fast he could slurp that bowl – best conversation I’ve had with him).  Found a really nice “new” for me beer at CB lodge. 

Other Other – Parked in the front of the free part of the A lot extra early (tomorrow even earlier?), pay lot not full when I left, cars all covered with 4 inches of new, B/C/D/E lots all full – so there were a few folks around (saw that when I walked through the Base at the end of my day…packed!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Scotsman
  • [Scotsman]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
20 Feb 2017 19:14 #228887 by Scotsman
Replied by Scotsman on topic Re: Crystal - 02/20 Big Bonus Day
Damn.... missed it!!!Had an attack of guilt and work ethic kicked in so I had to go to work and start rebuilding American infrastructure for the benefit of all mankind,
Glad you had a good day and nice to hear the ski conditions are rebounding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.