Home > Forum > Stevens- Fri 2/17

Stevens- Fri 2/17

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
17 Feb 2017 16:47 #228846 by Quick foot
Stevens- Fri 2/17 was created by Quick foot
Went up with low expectations just to break in some new boots. Arrived about 10:30. Started on Sky and was not surprised. Pretty darn firm. However the sun was out so off to the back side. Did a groomer zoomer down Aquarius, not to bad so did another. Well this is going to get old, so took the cat track to lower Pegasus. Sweet, softer, edge able with small soft piles. Well how about further up Peg. Traversed as high as possible from the top of Jupiter. [ Southern Cross was closed all day ] Rough bouncing crap on the traverse, not fun firm on mid Peg, but the second to last face had softened up so 2x the vert. Next tried to find a good traverse over to this second to last face, was a lot of work, so settled for a few laps on the Peg cat track last face. Chief was carve-able and sunny about 12:30. The front side got better. Off piste was not much fun. Beautiful sunshine and the new boots were the gnar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Donnelly_M
  • [Donnelly_M]
More
17 Feb 2017 22:01 - 17 Feb 2017 22:41 #228850 by Donnelly_M
Replied by Donnelly_M on topic Re: Stevens- Fri 2/17
It was a good day, but a little more crowded than I had anticipated. My advice, use some caution when heading towards the terrain park. A lot of people will come from both the Lower Terminal or cut above and come in from above the lower part of Lower Terminal and speeds can be quite high. If you have a need for speed, do it in the early morning hours before it gets crowded or start going on the racing circuit and get your need for speed and air on a closed course. After I graduate from WWU and then get my Colombian citizenship hopefully sometime this year, I'm going with the latter!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.