Home > Forum > Feb 11/12 Crested Butte - No Rain (vid)

Feb 11/12 Crested Butte - No Rain (vid)

• Griff
  • [Griff]
More
14 Feb 2017 07:12 #228769 by Griff
Well it felt like the PNW in Crested Butte this weekend with warm temps and wet snow (on Saturday especially). Cooled down on Sunday for better and more typical CO powder skiing.

You know it's been a good year there when they have as much YTD snowfall as Crystal, and it has been a good year here.

As always, enjoy!!

vimeo.com/203960964

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2017 17:16 #228783 by Zap
Your video brings back the days of access off the The High and North Face lifts.  Old days. Our NH son and 2 of his teenage boys will be meeting, Jill and I, at Crested for a couple of days.  I hope to meet with Tony and he can give them some insight. More videos of Crested?  ;)

• Griff
  • [Griff]
More
14 Feb 2017 18:49 #228785 by Griff
^^^^^ Yes exactly, all of the footage there was from the High Lift and North Face T Bar where the best snow was by far. We skied a run on the West Face but it sucked admittedly and the traverse back was deadly slow.

Have fun. I love CB, such a great hippie town. More people skinning up than skiing down. Tons of snow and good coverage (though I still hit rocks, DOH).

• flowing alpy
  • [flowing alpy]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 Feb 2017 18:07 #228810 by flowing alpy
Replied by flowing alpy on topic Re: Feb 11/12 Crested Butte - No Rain (vid)
Nice vid! The skiing in the evergreens looks a lot like the southern resort.

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
15 Feb 2017 19:04 #228814 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: Feb 11/12 Crested Butte - No Rain (vid)
really enjoyed watching this epic film....haven't skied in nearly a week.....rain to the top everywhere here....thanks for making skiing great again if only for a few minuets.

• Griff
  • [Griff]
More
15 Feb 2017 20:39 #228818 by Griff
^^^^ Indeed, what happened to the good skiing. We got way to used to it feeling more like CO than WA huh??

FWIW - our goal is to always make vids of skiing, not ski to make vids. So we almost never stop other than to capture the jumps. Never really think about footage, just turn the cams on and see what happens.

And then turn that in to something fun if we get lucky. One simple goal and that is sharing our love of skiing.

And yes Bobby, the trees up top and out North felt a lot like the southern resort. Tight with branches down to the ground, not our old growth heaven.