Home > Forum > Crystal - 2/13

Crystal - 2/13

• CD
  • [CD]
More
13 Feb 2017 16:01 #228754 by CD
Crystal - 2/13 was created by CD
A week ago today, we were skiing a couple feet of powder. Today hit the goods on the opposite end of the spectrum. It stayed warm enough over night to avoid a frozen wasteland this morning. The groomers were fast and soft right from the beginning and the valley was very carveable. While there was a fairly strong east wind blowing that eventually shut down the gondie, the temps were warm enough that we had to break out the Hawaii shirts at 10am and thought of Scotsman. By 10:30, the front side went off and that was the place to be with one exception: Exterminator. That required many top to bottoms with lower E being the most fun it's been all year.

A very casual Monday crowd with minimal traffic. I'm so glad I worked those 41 years earning the right to ski on Mondays. And every other week-day. Blessed to have my health to do it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Scotsman
  • [Scotsman]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 Feb 2017 16:09 #228755 by Scotsman
Replied by Scotsman on topic Re: Crystal - 2/13
Nice.
I was thinking of you as well CD as I looked out my office window at the glorious weather..." Bet CD's got his Hawaiian shirt on today" I said to myself..........sigh!!!!!!!!

More
13 Feb 2017 16:24 #228756 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal - 2/13
Congrats CD.....But Mondays were always my day....for at least 20 years of work!

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
13 Feb 2017 17:10 #228758 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Re: Crystal - 2/13
More goodness-- A.M. top to bottom groomer screamers. The best being GV to MIFB to Lower Bull. About 10:45 went to Right Angle, Thanks CascadeSkier for the tip. Then Memorial Forest, Old Sunnyside, the Pinnacles, skiers left of chair 6, more front side chair 6,and back to old sunny side. We agree with CD, Lower E was worth a repeat. Lucky trees were creamy. The run of the day was the chair 6 Pinnacles, Not a bad run anywhere. MMMM this beer, tortilla chips and home made salsa sure tastes good after a day like this.

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
13 Feb 2017 18:07 #228762 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Re: Crystal - 2/13
Nothing bad today as we knew where to go.
Best were the multiple laps of Exterminator chasing The Gang.
There was no worst.
Oddest hot east wind I’ve seen.
Perfect balance of sun softening on top of overnight consolidation.
Will be some dues to be paid when it freezes without a lot of new. (hope I’m not the one to pay)
Was it monday? Seemed like Hawaii/Bora Bora/Fiji shirt day.

Ken
+

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
13 Feb 2017 19:15 #228764 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: Crystal - 2/13
worked....jealous....sounds really fun.....in case you forgot, but I doubt it..... skiing is better

More
14 Feb 2017 17:20 #228784 by myikat
Replied by myikat on topic Re: Crystal - 2/13
Wish ild tried Exterminator. Took a walk out to A basin - blowing 40 on the ridge scouring the whole bowl except for a few N faces. Breakable crust and frozen chunder abound. Dangerous place to be by yourself. Didn't repeat.