February 6, 2017 Mt. Bachelor

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
06 Feb 2017 19:22 #228638 by Zap
February 6, 2017 Mt. Bachelor was created by Zap
A powder day. OK, it is for real. 5” overnight and it snowed and blew all day. I took out my Icelandic Shamans for some riding fun. We spent the night in Bend and it was sunny in the city. But, the 20 mile drive from Bend to Bachelor was an icy, snowy, windy ride. We parked in the West Village parking lot next to the snow wall. Jill got a picture of me next to the wall with my skis beside our Roadtrek campervan. That is one BIG wall, probably 12-15 feet high!

We picked up our passes and joined the locals chasing powder. Wind on the Pine Martin lift and at the top of the lift was so strong you could not see the traverse trail to Skyliner Express. It was fun to lay done some tracks in the powder. From Skyliner it was a nice run down towards Sunrise Express – this was good so we then skied down to the Clouldchaser lift. WOW, the snowboard group was definitely here. It reminds me of going to Mt. Baker where the snowboarders outnumber the skiers. The Jet Stream run under the Cloudchaser lift looked good, but by the time we got on the run others had left a lot of tracks except along the edges. Two hours of nice powder, followed by another hour of us searching for more untracked... Three hours and we were ready to be done and headed back down to the van. .
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2017 17:07 #228656 by rlsg
Replied by rlsg on topic Re: February 6, 2017 Mt. Bachelor
Nice storm day for sure...today was more snow but much warmer.

I'm always pretty content skiing storm unless it is raining though.

love your trip by trip reports!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.