Home > Forum > January 9th, 2006, Glacier Rond Couloir, Chamonix

January 9th, 2006, Glacier Rond Couloir, Chamonix

• Michael
  • [Michael]
More
13 Jan 2006 06:15 #212166 by Michael
Christian, Lionel and I skied the Glacier Rond couloir which starts at the "Cosmiques" hut and heads right down to the valley and the city of Chamonix.<br><br>Quite impressive...things got steeper and steeper this week...I think I will stop here ;-)<br><br>Here is Christian skiing down the first slope:<br><br> <br>More photos here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2006 06:36 #212167 by gregL
Thanks for the pictures, Michael. I knew I should have stayed one more day!

More
13 Jan 2006 10:40 #212170 by Matt C
Nice pics Michael! It looks like the couliors were in fine form. I believe this may be the same route where Trevor Peterson was caught and killed in an avalanche back in 1996...but I am not sure. Nice job.

More
16 Jan 2006 06:45 #212180 by Benk
Hey Michael,<br><br>Thats a pretty interesting ski run huh? Did you make it over to the Cosmiques run which you repel into below the hut? <br><br>I spent the winter of '00 in Chamonix and had one of the best winters of my life.<br>

• Michael
  • [Michael]
More
24 Jan 2006 21:24 #212218 by Michael

Hey Michael,<br><br>Thats a pretty interesting ski run huh?  Did you make it over to the Cosmiques run which you repel into below the hut?  <br>

<br><br>Definitely a fun run - glad the snow conditions were that good.<br><br>I didn't do any other run up there, I think the other one you mention is probably the couloir des cosmiques which may require a rappel for the first section depending on the year.<br><br>

I spent the winter of '00 in Chamonix and had one of the best winters of my life.<br>

<br>Yeah, when there is enough snow this place is hard to beat....