Home > Trip Reports > Jan 29, 2017, Stevens Pass, Jimbo's Arrowhead

Jan 29, 2017, Stevens Pass, Jimbo's Arrowhead

1/29/17
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by ADappen on 2/1/17 2:03am
Arrowheads are funny. Sometimes they are right there at your feet looking you in the face, but you miss them. So it is with JimBo€™s Arrowhead €“ a ski tour that looks many in the face but is seldom seen.

The problem is that most skiers come to JimBo (Jim Hill Mountain) and Arrowhead Mountain to ski the obvious lines described in several guidebooks €“ the big north-facing bowl below Jim Hill or, a few miles away, the steep northwestern glades of Arrowhead.

JimBo€™s Arrowhead Traverse travels through this popular terrain but takes a closer look at things often missed€”the glades below Jim Hill, the little-visited satellite peak between the popular bookends, the captivating East-Northeast Ridge of Arrowhead, and the ever-so-pleasant tangle of second growth getting you to the Whitepine Road.

Tom Janisch, Coron Polley, and I skied this traverse from the Stevens Pass Nordic Center to the Whitepine Road (going up Jim Hill and Arrowhead in the process) on Sunday and enjoyed a taste of everything €“ fog, sun, high clouds, snow, rain, wind, powder, styrofoam snow, wet snow, crust, old-growth forests, glades, open bowls, thick trees, brush€¦ You gotta love a tour that delivers on all that.  More details and a map of the tour can be found here at the
Thanks Andy! Your website has helped me to achieve stuff in Washington/Rainy Pass areas. :D Oh and you updated the site too, cool!

Always enjoy your reports!  THANKS

Nice Andy, new twist on an old standard.

Lots of fun tree skiing along this route. Unfortunately I did a bad job of pulling out the camera at the best times.

Reply to this TR

jan-29-2017-stevens-pass-jimbo-s-arrowhead
ADappen
2017-02-01 10:03:57