Crystal -- 01/23

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
23 Jan 2017 13:50 - 23 Jan 2017 21:50 #228406 by ddk
Crystal -- 01/23 was created by ddk
Great day.   And the fill in for eskinmo!  ….No rush for the lifts this morning, kinda fussy vis early, but got better all day till full on sun midday…started greying/fuzzing up around 1:30 or so on the front side of REX.  Early morning groomers were fast and smooth and fun on the Coombas (got nice edges still), better fun increased as the legs and brain got into sync – GV Bowl to Memorial/Gully (especially as the heat started baking the sunny slopes).  No crowds, no lift lines, those sliders that were around were having a great day (informal survey – not rigged at all on the vote).  Ended up a total Hamster day since #1 got to ski with Ms. Ferk – as Mr Ferk told me more than once while he was working. 

Other – Totally marketing happy in CB lodge…got a overly big bowl of Chicken Noodle even as I said “please stop, no more”….helps if you grief them most every day…(but I’m gonna go broke having that soup every time I go into CB lodge).  Pay lot and bus lot big and both empty when we finally left…as a lot of the cheap folks spaces in the A lot – shouldn’t be a problem for Mr. Scotsman with his new parking privileges…should be seeing him on the mountain a lot earlier in the day!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2017 14:58 #228407 by CD
Replied by CD on topic Re: Crystal -- 01/23
I think today was the warmest day I've skied this year. Not that it was spring warm or anything, but did actually get quite warm on some runs. Our gang of 6 didn't stray much from REX today. The so-so: Bear Pits, the Doors, and Snorting Elk. The better: Green Valley and all of the front side with chairline being my favorite today. I'd like to hear a report from NW and C6. We just kinda got locked in a groove, so never ventured very far.

Traffic Soup: Got behind some cars on the way up going below the limit, but not so bad as having to pass them. No one on the roads heading down. No elk sightings.

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
23 Jan 2017 15:45 #228408 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: Crystal -- 01/23
What in the name of everything holy is going on back there.A 2 word report from DDK....and apparent take over by CD , who obviously speaks English as a second language.....There must be some explanation.....BTW...historic snowfall in Utah right now.....but who cares....the real story is not the 60 inches on the ground in LCC..,but this cabinet level shake up. I had just begun to adjust to new white house press core.....and now this!!!

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
23 Jan 2017 16:27 #228409 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Re: Crystal -- 01/23

What in the name of everything holy is going on back there.A 2 word report from DDK

I think ddk figured out his smartphone and is going for first post rights from the mountain.

More
23 Jan 2017 17:34 #228412 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic Re: Crystal -- 01/23
yup, Ferk is the real deal. If you can respond to Exterminator from Six and travers over and do a rope belay on a tree at closing to lower a sled on boiler plate, you are Ferk he is always working, just saying

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
23 Jan 2017 17:49 #228413 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: Crystal -- 01/23
I may have panicked too soon

More
23 Jan 2017 19:24 #228415 by Binx
Replied by Binx on topic Re: Crystal -- 01/23
Wow, The former Amigo's arn't getting along. So now now instead of getting good reports
we get to read some bickering. How full is your bowl of soup? Hopefully this new cabinet is not making them squirm like the rest of the Seattlites. I think you guys should also do marketing for Washdot for road conditions and maybe GPS cordinances on all the Wapiti you see along the road. Anyhow, all is good.
Happy skiing :)

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
23 Jan 2017 20:33 #228418 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Re: Crystal -- 01/23
We entered the warm and it’ll be ok, cold and it’s nasty zone. The early morning skidded ice softened to carvable. The light fluffs of cut new turned to heavy clumpyness. It was great in-between. The re-crust started about 12:30 foreboding tomorrow mornings conditions. A little more skier grooming  and the sunny aspects will respond if it warms as the forecast predicts. Groomers were groomers today and steep east/south facing were great if you carried momentum. The Frontside delivered during the mid-day.

Met the Ferkster on Exterminator where slightly right was frozen ice and slightly left was soft and fluffy. Might not be the story tomorrow. Watch your sun angles.

Traffic Soup: Someone in a black compact was passing way into the blind corners this morning. I backed off and gave space as they went by 2 cars ahead. 3 seconds after they pulled into line, an oncoming car rounded the corner unsuspecting. Whew. Speed is one thing, assholism another.

Hope the warm forecast holds.

(Off Camera conversation - Disagree with a TAYer, post your experience, or say what actually happened, and you will suffer the wrath of a PM.) My bowl of soup is full of snow fun. Some others is full of don’t contradict me soup.

Ken
+

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
23 Jan 2017 20:59 #228419 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal -- 01/23
Sorry.

• Scotsman
  • [Scotsman]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
23 Jan 2017 21:17 #228420 by Scotsman
Replied by Scotsman on topic Re: Crystal -- 01/23
Wow.. what great reports...wish I was there today. Certainly makes my day at work better knowing you guys are having so much fun .

Lots of " alternate facts "in these reports...my heads spinning reading them all.
I think Im going to call you all the " Skiing Press Secretaries" from now on.

Mrs Scotsman's first Lot A Parking pass day tomorrow... say hi to her if you see her.