Home > Forum > Cali Mega Cycle

Cali Mega Cycle

• cyril
  • [cyril]
More
11 Jan 2017 23:26 #228244 by cyril
Cali Mega Cycle was created by cyril
Short version
Last week: Monday the 2nd -started snowing good turns in the afternoon I heard. Tuesday- Sierra at Tahoe, knee deep light snow in open steep trees, great snow. All of Tahoe was good folks said.
Wednesday- Kirkwood, one beginner chair opened after 40 of us stood out in the storm for 1.5 hours. 6 straight hours of bombing. I had fun traversing and carving very untracked low angle goods. Free day, all passes refunded, chair was open only 3 hours.
Thursday the 3rd- Kirkwood, Huge debris fields and crowns. A little late opening, but tons of great skiing. 5 feet new skied like a foot, wind packed, wet and cakey but fast and fun.
Friday- Squawllywood, 7 degree night made for a foot to two of sugar over the many feet of new consolidated snow underneath. New terrain opened for the first time of the week. KT-22 was epic, long lines. Half the mountain stayed closed. Granite Chief opened after 300 of us stood there for 1.5 hrs, then 3 short runs for all the excitement. Light nice snow, great terrain, but what a zoo.
I skipped the weekend deluge and closures. I'm back up here this week, almost all resorts are closed at least Monday through Wednesday. Heavenly opened yesterday the 10th and today, just Gunbarrel, but it is 1700ft of steepish good terrain. Thigh deep screaming your head off yesterday, knee deep today the 11th. I will post a synopsis of this week by Saturday.
pm me if you have any specific questions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.