Home > Forum > crystal january 9th

crystal january 9th

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
09 Jan 2017 18:18 #228200 by eskinmo
crystal january 9th was created by eskinmo
this day was mighty fine....there was wind loading ....there was great skiing ....there were the O-meadows trees .No crowd meant multiple laps were easy on favorite lines....Alot of people stayed north and even norther,I was cold so I went South....I went alone, a single human in the untamed wilds of Southback....on the top of the King no one .The beach empty.Boxcar ....had even one hobo gone that way. It was a rare kind of empty....sure you did have to surrender some vertical to avoid wind affect....but that was the best Appliance store i have ever shopped at ....

parking....I think it was valet
soup .... cream of Pow
driving..... done with a smile

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
09 Jan 2017 18:57 #228201 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Re: crystal january 9th
Any aspect that had exposure to the ESE winds was scoured. And some others. And some that had trees were great. Generally below 6Kft was better and above was blown out. Not much rhyme or reason to the plan today, but seek and we found - Shin to knee deep untracked in the wind protected aspects. And wind packed crap on windblown ice on others. Took two runs to sort it out and the rest of the day was bliss. Two inches new during the day and any additional will help.

2’ forecast, expected the horde, parked early, they missed it
couldn’t hold out for the soup, pow was too deep
Smiled as I passed the few that were scared on the Boulevard (safely) and arrived home with memories of the deep.

Ken
+

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.