Home > Forum > Meidjo 2.0 Tele Binding

Meidjo 2.0 Tele Binding

• coldseagull
  • [coldseagull]
More
06 Jan 2017 11:52 #228160 by coldseagull
Meidjo 2.0 Tele Binding was created by coldseagull
Just picked up a pair of these used, haven't arrived yet but I am excited to see what they are like.

Anyone else using these currently? Any tips or tricks or things to watch out for?

what do you bring for repairs?

Looking at the tech heel adapter, any thoughts on that? (thinking for skiing steep, exposed, icy terrain where tele skiing - for me- would be dangerous)

I've read most of the forums/info available online, but curious to hear from the TAY community.

anyone have a broken pair of these I could use for emergency parts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2017 18:55 - 06 Jan 2017 19:15 #228168 by md2020
Replied by md2020 on topic Re: Meidjo 2.0 Tele Binding
I have around 30 days on mine, nearly all touring, and so far so good. It's a great binding. I believe the reports of icing and snow buildup to be mostly overblown, and for me this issue has been completely manageable. One thing I have done to minimize the problem  is to fill in the voids in the plastic base of the tech toe with blue closed cell foam pad material. I pushed a piece underneath the flex plate from the front as far aft as I could to try to cover the metal mounting bracket. Just try to fill any empty space where snow may collect.

Another issue is the claw that hooks to the duck butt collects snow and can pack in pretty good while in tour mode. This can make deskinning without removing the ski impossible, as the cocking lever will not release after the little metal hook is released with your ski pole tip. This condition has really only happened to me a few times. I've gotten into a habit of swiping the snow out with my ski tip once in a while, sometimes with a little Force if there is ice. It's not a big deal, and in good snow it is not an issue. Usually the impact of the claw against my boot sole after releasing the touring hook with my pole tip will knock most of the snow out of the claw. I rarely have to remove my skis during transitions.

I would ditch the heel piece. It's junk, but supposedly there is a new version. I think I broke mine on the fifth day out. I'm using the freedom heel.

• coldseagull
  • [coldseagull]
More
08 Jan 2017 06:45 #228177 by coldseagull
Replied by coldseagull on topic Re: Meidjo 2.0 Tele Binding
Thanks Mike.

Good to hear they are performing well for you. I will definitely put foam in the voids as you suggest.

I was talking to a shop on Portland that is a dealer and he mentioned they are getting the second version of the heel, which has a metal cup for your pole instead of the plastic. How did yours break?

• coldseagull
  • [coldseagull]
More
08 Jan 2017 06:47 - 20 Jan 2017 12:52 #228178 by coldseagull
Replied by coldseagull on topic Re: Meidjo 2.0 Tele Binding
Also, where / how did you mount yours? I called pro ski in North bend and they had never heard of it.

edit: for anyone else with these bindings (few and far between) I found out Pro Ski on Aurora in Seattle has mounted them before. You'll need to print out the mounting template (to scale) for them first.