Home > Forum > Brighton, UT Suggestions

Brighton, UT Suggestions

• Onward.
  • [richfef]
More
05 Jan 2017 21:14 #228151 by Onward.
Brighton, UT Suggestions was created by Onward.
A friend and I have 2 days at Brighton next month. We're planning to ride chairs one day but the other we'd like to explore the lift-accessed backcountry terrain if conditions are good. Does anyone have any beta or suggestions? Guidebooks are less helpful since we're not planning a tour that isn't near the resort.

I found this so far which is helpful: rootsrated.com/stories/insiders-guide-si...ntry-skiing-brighton

Is there a TAY-like site for Utah?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2017 21:26 #228152 by bbrelje
Replied by bbrelje on topic Re: Brighton, UT Suggestions
Only spent a summer out there, but I found the online community is definitely more limited and more fragmented across national sites like Bogley Forums and TGR. I still get tons of hits of my Wasatch hiking posts on my personal Wordpress blog from years ago because there's not a lot else available. We are very fortunate here to have TaY, NWHikers, and CC with lots of recent trip reports and beta.

It was buried in the link you posted, but in case you missed it this link is an interactive map of the whole range with runs marked (and fatalities... interesting). It's almost too much info.

StraightChuter has a lot of good TRs but they're usually the steepest lines.

Enjoy!

More
06 Jan 2017 10:10 #228159 by rover
Replied by rover on topic Re: Brighton, UT Suggestions
Wasatch born and raised checking in -

The Wasatch Backcountry Ski Map is an incredible resource that I use whenever I go back. It was put together by Steve Achelis, and comes in desktop, paper, and mobile/app versions.

wbskiing.com/Default.asp?

The desktop version is free to use, and is kind of a google earth type deal overlaid with lots of popular touring destinations around the central Wasatch.

There is also an accompanying guide that describes popular tours - located here - wbsguide.com/guide/.

Unfortunately, I think all this may be less useful for sidecountry, though some popular 'runs' are still listed in the guide.

Good luck and have fun.