Home > Forum > Crystal - 1/5

Crystal - 1/5

• CD
  • [CD]
More
05 Jan 2017 15:24 #228143 by CD
Crystal - 1/5 was created by CD
Executive Summary: Cold bluebird skies, no wind, groomers. The details: The forecast was right-on for today with a slight rise in temps, no wind, and clear skies. It still required an extra base layer to stay warm, but managed to stay pretty toasty most of the day. Off piste is hard waves of wind blown stuff. Kinda smoothed out the moguls in a lot of places and edgeable when you tried, but after skiing many different aspects, I didn't want to try any more. So, it was a day of fast, smooth, carveable groomers. Pretty much cycled Lucky Shot and Ferkberg with every third or fourth run down Deerfly for a nice bucket ride up. One of those trips, ran into a surprise wait of a couple of buckets, but most times both chairs and gondie had lots of empty seats. A high vert day due to groomerville. I was contemplating going tomorrow, but with the groomers worked out of my system, I think I'm gonna wait for more snow before heading up again. When we left, I was surprised to see most of the pay lot full and 6 rows of cars in C lot.

Traffic Soup: Light and flowing at the limit both ways. No elk sightings. Did have a 10 minute wait at the new clear cut below Greenwater when they closed the road to log some of the trees right along the road. What an ugly mess. And with the trees gone, it looks like a landslide waiting to happen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.