Home > Forum > HELP! Revelstoke, Backcountry Hut trip, Jan 14- 21

HELP! Revelstoke, Backcountry Hut trip, Jan 14- 21

• Don Heath
  • [Rusty Knees]
More
01 Jan 2017 17:13 #228066 by Don Heath
HELP! Posting for my friend, Jory. Due to injury, he has to back out of a paid spot at a remote backcountry chalet. He would Love to be bought out, ($950 for lodging and helicopter in/out) but is willing to entertain offers. This looks like a fabulous place to ski. I (Rusty) have skied with some of these folks on extended hut trips , and they are really fun, and easy going.

Here's some info about the Blanket Glacier Chalet trip:

Mellow group of BC friends, self guided, and self catered.
If interested, contact Jory Oppenheimer
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
425-495-6644

The person organizing the trip is:
Ryan Asman
206 276 9198
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

He has all the details and the person to contact if they have questions. But here are some things I know:
The chalet is reserved from Jan 14-21. Most folks are leaving Seattle on the 12th to ski Friday at Revelstoke. A couple of folks are flying up.
The chalet holds 13, plus a hut custodian

It is self-guided and self-catered. You can likely connect with John Koreny on the ride and food. If John is in charge of any of the food it will be healthy, fresh and excellent.

The group has set up a google doc site for car rides, hotels, equipment, meals, etc. Ryan can send that to you.
I paid Ryan $950 which just includes the cabin and helicopter ride. (Excludes the meals and hotel in Revelstoke). They can make an offer since its last minute.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.