Home > Forum > Crystal - 01/01/2017 Happy Big New Year!

Crystal - 01/01/2017 Happy Big New Year!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
01 Jan 2017 15:11 - 01 Jan 2017 15:21 #228060 by ddk
Bonus day!  Great first day of 2017. More new than many expected, light early crowd (glad I’m old and go to bed early…still got 10 minutes at midnight to say – Happy New Year), great cold smoke snow, frenzy fun early folks cutting everything in sight – and it was pretty good vis most of the day even with some pretty heavy snow showers filling in the early rush.  Cold, no lift lines pretty much anywhere, everything open very early spread what folks were cutting up the powder.  Top of HC is getting might fine getting off the top…PB was lots of deep untracked left over pockets by the time I got there.  BearPits happy, Doors great, SunnySide – YYYYAAAA, Memorial to Mel by Trees very nice (but there was definitely still a left over crust under all that nice new deep Cascade/Colorado powder).  Weak lungs and legs and back (hope I don’t get as sick as so many folks have been) plus cold temps got me to call a short happy fun “BIG” first day of the 2017 year!  Great conditions, better every time I go pretty much everywhere I’m not to lazy to go to!  Pretty good sized crowd around the mountain – in the lodges mid day anyway.

Other – CB soups were The Triple C and TB…never ending supply.  Base had the Loaded Potato (how do you spell potato?).  As noted the lodges were packed when I passed through them.  Pay lot full (how many were pay folks hard to tell since all the cars had a lot of snow on them).  B lot almost full, C/D/E all full with the overflow motorhomes in F.  Drive down was pleasant after I passed the nice B lot guy that jumped in front of me and spent a lot of time braking before the sandflats…rest of the drive down was happy.  Drive up was happy since I go way to early still….looking forward to the 3rd.  Great day, just the right amount of skiing…kinda like when I was in my 40’s (except it took twice as long).
Lots of Supper happy folks from The Throne to NW and everywere inbetween (at least).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
01 Jan 2017 15:51 #228065 by ddk

Sorry another late update as I was sitting around remembering about life…….Today was Mr Ferk’s 75th Happy Year of life! Got lucky enough to ski a few runs with Ferk and his bride. Ms Ferk got two new knees this last spring and today was her first ski day of the season, and it was mighty fine. Only got a little skiing with my fav idol that toasts me everytime I ski with him! Congrats Mr Ferk! and Ms Ferk!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.