Home > Forum > January 1, 2017, Bullion Basin LOST BINDING

January 1, 2017, Bullion Basin LOST BINDING

• nedski
  • [nedski]
More
01 Jan 2017 14:07 #228057 by nedski
I lost a metal Phantom Splitboard binding between the upper C lot of Crystal and near the top of East Peak, likely closer to the parking lot. I'll reward the finder/returner, since replacing it would cost me. It is a crampon step-in style, almost all metal (dark red, dark grey and black). Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nedski
  • [nedski]
More
01 Jan 2017 14:09 #228058 by nedski
Message me on TAY, email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call me at 253-380-9002

• flowing alpy
  • [flowing alpy]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
02 Jan 2017 05:45 #228071 by flowing alpy
Replied by flowing alpy on topic Re: January 1, 2017, Bullion Basin LOST BINDING
How much does the part cost new?

• nedski
  • [nedski]
More
02 Jan 2017 07:55 #228072 by nedski

How much does the part cost new?

I have not looked into that yet.

More
02 Jan 2017 12:35 #228075 by mfonda
Oh man, that's rough! Fingers crossed it turns up. If you end up needing to replace it, you can buy replacement bindings for cheaper than the full setup: www.phantomsnow.com/shop/reconditioned-binding-packages. You might try reaching out to them as well about buying just one binding--they may be able to offer you a discount on that.

• nedski
  • [nedski]
More
03 Jan 2017 18:12 #228113 by nedski

Oh man, that's rough! Fingers crossed it turns up. If you end up needing to replace it, you can buy replacement bindings for cheaper than the full setup: www.phantomsnow.com/shop/reconditioned-binding-packages. You might try reaching out to them as well about buying just one binding--they may be able to offer you a discount on that.

Thanks mfonda. I did send them an email, but haven't heard back yet. My original pair were cosmetic 2nds as well. Anybody have a metal detector I can borrow Saturday? I live in Lakewood, but do have a ski buddy in West Seattle.

• nedski
  • [nedski]
More
07 Jan 2017 16:08 #228172 by nedski
I found it. I stopped to adjust clothes twice on the way up the day I lost it, and once to transition to ride on top. I planned to check in those places with the metal detector. At the first clothing adjustment place, I turned on the detector and found the binding in less than a minute! The skiing was pretty horrible today; wind affected in every direction except low in the trees, which was tracked out.