Home > Forum > 12/30 Whistler Blackcomb Excellent/Crowded

12/30 Whistler Blackcomb Excellent/Crowded

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
30 Dec 2016 21:37 #228038 by avajane
Cold temps continue to keep the snow perfect from top to bottom. Peak to Peak not really needed when the bottom is riding so well. Got in Creekside line at 7:40 and on lift at 8:14. If you waited till 8:30......line was back to bridge. Amazingly red was just a couple of minutes. Two tree runs on cold smoke kept us happy until Emerald got crowded by 9:30 so we went down to Garbanzo for a shorter line (10-15). Back to Red we were only set back about 15 minutes even though it looked longer. Harmony finally opened and we caught at 10:45. Great liftline route with great powder all the way! Charged Boot Chutes like I was 19 again, the snow was so deep and allowing of a straight aggressive line. The line exploded into about 40 minutes so we went to Symphony and got great powder thru the lower skiers right trees. Another 30-40 min line sent me hiking Flute. The ridgelines were windblown and somewhat sun effected. I decided to take a direct line off of Lesser Flute and the group was rewarded with somewhat heavy but consistent powder that allowed high speed rips. Because Symphony is still running slow on generator, the lines were still long enough to chill a group of sweaty slack country skiers. Warmed up by 70's style jump turns down Piccolo Face....one beer at Seppos and a sunset photo on Pony Trail set up the final early season leg burn to Creekside.

Sunrise to Sunset with a Flute lap thrown in gave 16,000 hard earned feet. Going home for a few days till it warms up again. Very cold weekend coming up.😀

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
31 Dec 2016 10:55 #228042 by avajane
And today everything is light...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.