Home > Forum > Stevens- 12/27 Tue Night Skiing

Stevens- 12/27 Tue Night Skiing

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
27 Dec 2016 23:42 #227958 by Quick foot
Stevens- 12/27 Tue Night Skiing was created by Quick foot
Got there about 5:00 and got my usual mid week parking spot. The ride up Sky was cold wind in the face, but the ski down was superb. New snow added to blow in.Too cold on Sky so off to Hogs, a small line, so headed over to Tye. The crossover skied great. The edges of Tye skied great, worth seconds. then Chief [Kehrs] There was enough good vis and light to ski the Left Faces which were the runs of the night. The right side bumps were sweet. Went back to Sky. My route had refilled and was even better. Got almost down and BOOM all the lights went out! You could hear all the skiers go woah. After about 15 min. some emergency lites came on then Hogs fired up the generator and started loading in the dark! The main lites came on before I got to the top. Weird. Started snowing and blowing pretty hard after that. The off piste snow was just great. You could do anything in it. Super fun. Nite skiing like this is way better than no skiing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• telemack
  • [telemack]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
28 Dec 2016 23:43 #227995 by telemack
Replied by telemack on topic Re: Stevens- 12/27 Tue Night Skiing
Stevens has great variety of lit terrain at night!   :)  Vis is often better than whiteout too.
A weekday pass used to include night skiing on weekends too (great way to start an overnight stay in the area). They eliminated this several years ago in a series of moves that squeezed the priveileges of limited passes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.