Home > Forum > Terrain Tricks To Tame Your Stoke

Terrain Tricks To Tame Your Stoke

• Edgesport
  • [Edgesport]
More
22 Dec 2016 17:40 - 22 Dec 2016 17:51 #151501 by Edgesport
Terrain Tricks To Tame Your Stoke was created by Edgesport
Greg Hill Terrain Tricks -

QUESTION: How often are you willing to go around even if your partner(s) want to take shortcuts that lead straight to the top?  How many times are you willing to go your own path until you relent to your ego and follow the herd because they are getting away with it?  How many times have you talked your self into danger after you lost the cost / benefit aurgument of going the longer route?
Last edit: 22 Dec 2016 17:51 by Edgesport.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2016 10:27 #151517 by Koda
Replied by Koda on topic Re: Terrain Tricks To Tame Your Stoke

QUESTION: How often are you willing to go around even if your partner(s) want to take shortcuts that lead straight to the top? 

Ive done that at least once. Even though the main group ascended without incident I dont regret my choice, I climbed the safest path.

(interesting, I logged on to post a similar topic... but your questions are good too. )

• peteyboy
  • [peteyboy]
More
24 Dec 2016 23:05 #151585 by peteyboy
Replied by peteyboy on topic Re: Terrain Tricks To Tame Your Stoke
Reminds me of two mistakes I learned from:
Once years ago I followed the herd in what I knew was a bad situation we were all lucky to come away from. The huge wet slide came down just as I was traversing the runout zone.
About four years ago, we (as a group) elected to take the easiest way, instead of the safest way, up a route and not five minutes after we skinned through, a serac fall set off a slide that ripped huge right through where we had put the switchback in our track.
Both times, I was with good people. But we weren't as good as we were fully capable of.