Crystal - 12/22

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
22 Dec 2016 16:05 #227889 by ddk
Crystal - 12/22 was created by ddk
Another to wordy report (espeically for the Alpy folks)...short version for the folks up north...good day...lots of sun...lots of old man lazy turns...and the rest of the wordy report......Sorry, gotta say the left overs day still ended up being pretty happy for me…but what would you expect?  Drove extra early to get the #1 slot on CHex (barely beat Huge – thanks)…Massive pay lot space..must have been a half mile of the A lot – I was almost exhausted before I got to the lodge.  Normal early season weekday load on CHex – next week will be 15 minutes earlier). Really light early crowd and actually really light all day crowd…never ever a hint of a line up any of the “real” places to be.  Nice early sunny screamer fast gotta do groomers for at least the first few runs with nobody on the slopes.  The massive crowds (ha ha) started showing up so it was time to hit BP’s (early) and the PB/BP for a cycle…top of HC is a mine field heading skier right side…doable but took effort…probably better heading somewhere skier left side…chair side didn’t look good enough to try –since I had already done a M-World run (and it was pretty sun baked happy?).  North facing slopes were primo…GV bowl early wind smoothed sweet and was great carving fun on the BMW’s all day.  Weather after 10am always looked iffy and like the best was over…but the Rainier Donut Hole just kept blowing back in.  Finally did my early season obligatory NW run – since the talk has been pretty massive….probably did not (as usual) give it the effort required (on a left over day), but it was good enough…Gate 4 slot into Paradise (better than anytime last year…that I did it).  Met up with #1 NW lift opp – Colin…for a lift ride and run down Bruce’s bowl….for a snowboarder (ha ha) the guy is fast…okay got that lift out of the way for the month. Ended up doing a number of GV bowl/IceFerkBerg or Lucky bump runs to finish out a very nice beat up my muscles kinda day.  Vis was great, snow on what I did was great (north facing mostly), crowd was nice and greatly small, groomers held up great all day, bumps where nice packed pow smallish (for old folks like me turns)…

Other – CB lodge had the Triple C soup today – promised me Chick Noodle tomorrow! Base lodge today had Chicken Noodle – so I had a (smallish) bowl and it was mighty tasty outside next to the big Umbrella in the sun.  Dropped into the Elk to see some friends at the end …nice and short visit.

Other – Pay lot was massively empty today when I left…and sadly I spaced dealing with some wack driver so I really can not remember if anybody was parked in the B and C lots (or anywhere else)…but I bet there was a few cars down there.  Great day….still lots of rocks in places – top of HC and NW chairs and probably many ridge top places…..Big Special Day for #1 tomorrow!...and I get to be a very very very nice #2….

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
22 Dec 2016 19:40 #227892 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: Crystal - 12/22
I really like to think of myself as the last person to criticize a well intended report. But this report is a total peace of crap.I ran into and talked to DDK twice today ....and was I mentioned .NO ....do I have to run myself over in the parking lot....or clime into a bowl of tomato " bisque " and be simmered to death to get a mention in a report that has 4 run on sentences.measured by the square acre DDK's reports are far from brief..........and yet not one mension.....tomorrow morning I'm joining a volenteer fire dept....Maybe then "I can get some respect" ...R Dangerfield

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
22 Dec 2016 21:29 #227894 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal - 12/22
Very Truly sorry!  This is true...met in CB lodge and also a little later on top of the Queen....and you said life was good out in Silver Basin!  So how was it? That would be a better visual rather than you in a big pot of Tomato water....but we never actually skied a run...since I'm to lazy. See you tomorrow.