Crystal 12 21 2016

• Larry_Trotter
  • [Ruxpercnd]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
21 Dec 2016 16:15 #227876 by Larry_Trotter
Crystal 12 21 2016 was created by Larry_Trotter
I decided to go up because I have a season pass and it was a nice day.   I was almost afraid of ice, but it wasn't a problem where I skied on the lower slopes.  At the bottom of Queens and below, I could feel the ice under a thin layer of snow, but not a problem.

It was a blue sky day with no wind.  I am still trying to get back into skiing shape, so I didn't get around a lot.  The parking lot was full down to E lot.  Lots of holiday kids, not what I am used to, but I wasn't going to pass on a nice day.  There was a thin layer of freshie over the hard pack.  The freshie seemed a lot deeper on Downhill where it was more exposed to sun and maybe wasn't skied so much.

I had a big breakfast so didn't do lunch.   

I saw on accident on Crystal Blvd.  I think someone spun out and put a big dent into the guard rail with her truck.  This lady looked a little distraught but was ok.  The guard rail did it's job.  Going over the side would not have been good.  I was surprised to see ice on the road since they had been good at de-icing in the past.  Glad I have studded snow tires.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.