Crystal - 12/18 BIG!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
18 Dec 2016 15:43 #227824 by ddk
Crystal - 12/18 BIG! was created by ddk
Short version…big day, big fun, light crowd, great sunny, nice and NW warm…and the rest of the wordy report…..
Sorry! Get ready its gonna be a full on marketing report today (should get paid for this)….Great day, casual early start on CHex with a small hardcore weekend crowd, nice and warm after the recent “nasty” for the northwest temps…started loading CHex pretty much on schedule at 8:30 and it was YEEEE HAAAA…WOOOO HHHHOOOO… mighty big fun screaming down the perfect groomers – Lucky and MIFB (middle ferks) – with nobody around and perfect nice filtered sun and “reasonably” warm temps (Northwest temps today!)….

An Early other – finally brought out the new boots (somewhat smaller than my old boots?) today…pretty iffy early standing around in the lodge and bottom of CHex (ouch oh no maybe what?)….but once I clicked them into my BMW’s (their first day on snow this season)…HEAVEN!!...kinda cold early till they packed out (only spent 5 minutes in the right boot at Sturtevant’s when I bought them a while ago…but got lucky and they molded to my feet as the day blew by). The big plus was the BMW’s finally got out on the snow!!!!!  Another Yee Haa!  Happy hard carving, beat up the bumps and crud and anything else skis….I like my Coombas but they were getting bounced around a little recently…not the BMW’s!!  Yee Haa again!

So back to skiing conditions…lots of High speed happy fast carving screamer early. Had a nice early run down BearPits – good quality and not that bad down old main line number 1.  A few early M-World runs…kinda variable…SunnySide maybe better early…Did a early lunch pass through look at CB lodge and on to PB…rocky on top…side step your way down to goodness…PB to BP’s was very nice in the great vis conditions.
On to bigger and better (stretching my boundaries).  Upper E to lower!  Upper was great packed bumps and lower was a nice work out….More pushing the envelope…Employee Housing!  Another great packed pow run (though the very top had some rock to dodge).  Did a bunch more SunnySide and M-World runs while the sun was baking them…finished with another Upper to Lower E run!  Great day, great skiing, great sun, great no crowds (no lift lines at all), great screamer groomers, great packed powder bumps (especially GV bowl!), great happy folks, great fun…just plain great – especially looking up north to the wall of grey clouds around Alpy!!!!!  I imagine it was great up there also.

Other – Soup at CB lodge was Tomato Bisque again! Base soup was White Bean something or other (looked good).  Crowds no were to be seen.

Other other  - Pay lot big and maybe ¾ fullish, C full, B maybe ¾ full. Nice drive up and a happy fast drive down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• flowing alpy
  • [flowing alpy]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
18 Dec 2016 18:42 #227826 by flowing alpy
Replied by flowing alpy on topic Re: Crystal - 12/18 BIG!
cumulus deck hovered near 8k today creating a kind blanket.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.