Home > Forum > 5 Day Stretch: Where Should I Go?

5 Day Stretch: Where Should I Go?

• blackdog102395
  • [blackdog102395]
More
16 Dec 2016 09:53 - 16 Dec 2016 09:57 #227807 by blackdog102395
5 Day Stretch: Where Should I Go? was created by blackdog102395
So I find myself with an unexpected 5 day stretch at the end of January with the green light from the family to travel.  Originally was thinking Rogers (and still am), but the Wheeler and Asulkan are all booked up.  Staying in Revy and driving to the pass everyday is less appealing. 

Trying to get at least 3.5 days of skiing in.  Willing to drive or fly.  Would prefer a more remote experience compared to staying in town  Love the idea of BC Hut, but they are hard to book so close out.  Looking for any suggestions in WA, BC, OR, UT, or ID.

As an aside, looking for a reasonably priced lighter mid-winter ski. My BD Zealots are awesome on the down. Not so much on the up. Something along the lines of the G3 Zenoxide Carbon 105. Let me know if you have anything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• flowing alpy
  • [flowing alpy]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
17 Dec 2016 18:43 #227821 by flowing alpy
Replied by flowing alpy on topic Re: 5 Day Stretch: Where Should I Go?
17BBI

More
19 Dec 2016 19:56 #227848 by filbo
Replied by filbo on topic Re: 5 Day Stretch: Where Should I Go?
Brundage in SW Idaho has nice bc policy and also snow cat skiing if the weather is good at that time also Lost Trail further north has great bc skiing off the back of the lift served peak at 8,00ft. as well as some powder places to play inbounds.

• Scotsman
  • [Scotsman]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
19 Dec 2016 20:10 #227849 by Scotsman
Replied by Scotsman on topic Re: 5 Day Stretch: Where Should I Go?
Probably too far but Shames Mountain, Terrace B.C.
Legendary place.
Hard core lift served BC and Side-country off the Dome from the top of the t-bar.
Friendly locals.
Fly Van to Prince Rupert or Terrace.

• blackdog102395
  • [blackdog102395]
More
20 Dec 2016 17:40 #227863 by blackdog102395
Replied by blackdog102395 on topic Re: 5 Day Stretch: Where Should I Go?
Shames has been on the list for years. Really hard for me to get enough time off to make it happen.

• Skier of the Hood
  • [Skier of the Hood]
More
20 Dec 2016 18:16 #227865 by Skier of the Hood
Replied by Skier of the Hood on topic Re: 5 Day Stretch: Where Should I Go?
Send to the promised land!!! It is never a mistake to ski rogers (unless it's April then you should be in the Rockies)!! Also you most certainly do not need to drive to the pass everyday. Use the opportunity to enter the pain cave and go for objectives just past the dam into Revy Natl, or cross the bridge and ski the Monashees (Mt. Begbie and McPherson). There is also a cabin up the Revy Natl road at 1600m that is rarely booked, but the skiing potential is low. Orrrr better yet bring a canoe if its warmish/stable and send Frenchmans Cap!! Convince a diesel smoking red plater to brap you into Coursier Lake/Thor/Monashees in general and slowly make your way back to the highway. Orr if you enjoy fighting Europeans for your turns you can ski the side country around the resort. Opportunities abound in the promised land.

• blackdog102395
  • [blackdog102395]
More
20 Dec 2016 18:55 #227775 by blackdog102395

Send to the promised land!!! It is never a mistake to ski rogers (unless it's April then you should be in the Rockies)!! Also you most certainly do not need to drive to the pass everyday. Use the opportunity to enter the pain cave and go for objectives just past the dam into Revy Natl, or cross the bridge and ski the Monashees (Mt. Begbie and McPherson). There is also a cabin up the Revy Natl road at 1600m that is rarely booked, but the skiing potential is low. Orrrr better yet bring a canoe if its warmish/stable and send Frenchmans Cap!! Convince a diesel smoking red plater to brap you into Coursier Lake/Thor/Monashees in general and slowly make your way back to the highway. Orr if you enjoy fighting Europeans for your turns you can ski the side country around the resort. Opportunities abound in the promised land.

You are the expert in such matters. Your many trip reports from the promised land have secured your credentials. Quickly logs out and heads to Google...

• blackdog102395
  • [blackdog102395]
More
25 Dec 2016 10:54 #227924 by blackdog102395
One night in the Asulkan opened up. This is enough to tip the scales. Heading to Rogers! Now to find a lighter ski to help get my old butt up there.