Home > Trip Reports > December 13, Chair Peak Circumnav + Holy Diver

December 13, Chair Peak Circumnav + Holy Diver

12/13/16
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by YoungestFriend on 12/13/16 8:30am
Early birds got the worm today. Wonderful stable powder all the way around on the Chair Peak Circumnavigation and into the Holy Diver! We left the car at 6:02am and were lucky enough to have the sun come up just as we were about to choose the wrong gully leading up to the Bryant Col. Corrections were made and the rest of the tour went without a hitch.

It was amazing to see the clouds just hanging out down in the Alpental Valley leaving plenty of bluebird up high. Didn't see anybody until we got back across Snow Lake on the return journey. The only signs of instability were large crowns below the NE Buttress of Chair peak above the descent from the Thumb Tack. Lunch from Ardvark and beer from Dru Bru. Great day out in the local hills!
Nice!  There was a similar effect seen from Stevens; I would call it the Sky River but I guess that already exists and is in the other direction....

Boy, that azure blue sky sure looks like the medicine I need. Thanks for posting, and setting the hook. I need to get out and get some of that!

How long did this loop take you?

author=solsoul link=topic=37290.msg151258#msg151258 date=1481754291]
How long did this loop take you?

We left the car at 6am and were back by 12:45pm. I bet it would be faster now that a skin track is in. Have fun!

Dude, that is hauling for a full circumnav of chair peak with the holy diver!  Did you run the diver out and come back over the saddle at gem lake?

Stoke was high with all the awesome snow! Yes we went to the bottom of the Diver and then out over the saddle at Gem Lake.

Reply to this TR

december-13-chair-peak-circumnav-holy-diver
YoungestFriend
2016-12-13 16:30:15