Home > Trip Reports > November 26, 2016, - Stevens Pass - Easy Touring

November 26, 2016, - Stevens Pass - Easy Touring

11/26/16
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by Edon on 11/26/16 1:16pm
Got out today at Stevens for some nice and easy touring.  Forecast was for snow, but there was only ~5 minutes of very light snow.  The pass was pretty socked in, but cleared up a little as the day moved along.  Decent enough coverage on the descent.  The snow was incredibly sticky and heavy, not great for boarding, but the relatively packed skin track was decent enough turns (really it was just nice to get out...=D).

Brought a friend along for his first tour for the season, skins were glopping up like crazy, mine stayed clear though (can't say the same for my board...).
Nice trip report and "map". I saw the "4 paw" friend breaking trail.  ;)

Thanks!  I'm playing around a bit with formatting, I'm really interested in providing the type of report that people find useful, not sure I'm there yet but getting a start!

Caltopo for the win!

and Ash only forges ahead a.) when there's another dog to be played with or b.) when the powder is plenty packed, otherwise she leaches off our hard earned tracks =p

I really like the data / format you're providing in your last two trip reports!  What GPS tracker are you using and what mapping / data package are you using ?

author=Blizz Mountain link=topic=37132.msg150709#msg150709 date=1480273080]
I really like the data / format you're providing in your last two trip reports!  What GPS tracker are you using and what mapping / data package are you using ?

I use Backcountry Navigator (android) to record a *.gpx file, then import that into Caltopo, adjust the line color/style a bit and overlay it with the "Fixed Slope Shading" layer, and the stats are from Caltopo's "Terrain Profile" feature.  Some great data!  It's all caltopo (any *.gpx file should get you the same results =]).

Will still be working on improving the formatting and data reporting to give the best data possible!

Reply to this TR

november-26-2016-stevens-pass-easy-touring
Edon
2016-11-26 21:16:48