Home > Trip Reports > November 17, 2016, Wa Pass Powder!

November 17, 2016, Wa Pass Powder!

11/17/16
WA Cascades East Slopes North
Posted by mikerolfs on 11/17/16 2:13pm
I said "I'm not that motivated" and Jamie said "It doesn't take any motivation, you meet me at 6:15 at Fred Meyer parking lot and I'll drive". So even though I really just wanted to go to work, I showed up, and Jamie drove, and we met friends at the Mazama Store, and by 9am we were skiing from the Blue Lake Trail Head with four guys and one good dog. We left one truck at the hair pin just in case. This was one of those times when peer pressure worked. The skiing was as good or better than the best day last year. We skied two runs on Madison Avenue on untouched bottomless powder. Then we skied the steep blue lake col pitch, which was fun, and then spire gulley, bumped out like a ski resort, and then fanned out for powder to the parking lot. Or close. The bottom bit was still pretty athletic skiing. But we did ski car to car, and we did have glorious powder runs on the south side of Blue Lake Col. I recommend that you go get it now. The skiing was fabulous. Access Easy. It won't last. Go get it!

Ross and Coda, first run on Madison Ave.

Brian Bluebird

Jamie into the untouched

Jamie smiles

tracks and sun

uphill

uphill

Jamie on the steeps

Coda Floppy Ears!

The Lindell Dog Traverse

Jamie leads the way to the hairpin

Hairpin skiing
Nice score - the highway closes this morning!

Wow, bottomless powder ! we were less than 1/2 mi. from you and only had boot top at 6500' to 5000' an a firm base with air pockets an rock encounters toward the bottom . Looks like you found skiers nirvana . X

Reply to this TR

november-17-2016-wa-pass-powder
mikerolfs
2016-11-17 22:13:55