Home > Forum > I'm an adult??? Right?

I'm an adult??? Right?

• paul_smith
  • [paul_smith]
More
23 Oct 2002 07:27 #168015 by paul_smith
I'm an adult??? Right? was created by paul_smith
So in that case I can ask a stupid question, right? As we all know since early July we've had less then a half inch of rain, and precious little snow. Keeping that in mind and seeing that Oct. is almost over where would you ski this coming weekend? Aside from the answer, I wouldn't, all suggestions are welcomed, and remember you're an adult, right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Charles
  • [24!ShukSan$9]
More
23 Oct 2002 08:45 #168016 by Charles
Replied by Charles on topic Re: I'm an adult??? Right?
That's a question I'm interested in too, Paul, since I haven't skied yet in October either. Amar's reports from the Baker area indicated good skiing there, if one is up for the big climbs to snow and some crevasse hazards. The south side of Rainier has easier access to snow, but not good snow, from what I've heard. The forecast just doesn't look good for snow for the rest of this month, so I think we'll have to be dealing with what ever is there right now. I can possibly go Fri and Sun, then last chance days are Tues and Thurs of next week.

More
23 Oct 2002 15:23 #168017 by JMor
Replied by JMor on topic Re: I'm an adult??? Right?
Thank goodness we got our October turns in last week at Timberline, takes the pressure off ;). You could always take the torture points for Timberline, but it will cost you some bucks $32 to be exact. Then that's only if weather permits and the Palmer lift is running. Baker sounded pretty good from the reports, but as Charles noted there is some climbing to get to the snow. There is always the Muir snowfield, but I'm sure it's not that good right now, so that leads us to some well kept "secret's" but then again, those are becoming harder and harder to find as this dry spell keeps going on and on. Looks like there are going to be a couple of days later this week that are suppose to produce some moisture. You may get lucky and have that produce some of the goods. I'll start praying to the snow gods tonight. <br><br>BTW, does dune skiing count???

• paul_smith
  • [paul_smith]
More
24 Oct 2002 08:04 #168018 by paul_smith
Replied by paul_smith on topic Re: I'm an adult??? Right?
Hey Charles this Sun is the day I'm looking at, although the weather isn't looking good, shoot me an e-mail and we'll discuss. Next Tues or Thurs may work as well. The drive to Hood for reps on the Palmer chair, if there was something else that brought me to Portland perhaps.I will pray to Ullar each night and everything morning in hope that he will have pity on me. I would guess that even the most secret of secret stashes will be nasty/funky. So this Oct will not be unlike last Sept which was a classic. Regards