Home > Forum > July 22,2016 Timberline

July 22,2016 Timberline

• ski2fly
  • [ski2fly]
More
02 Aug 2016 12:24 - 02 Aug 2016 12:40 #227276 by ski2fly
July 22,2016 Timberline was created by ski2fly
Hey better late than never. I thought I'd post up some pics of July 22nd Timberline and some quick beta in case the web cams are clouded over and you are thinking of Hood.
Had a brutal drive down I5 Thursday 21st, we left Renton-ish at 7PM and still did not arrive until 1 AM to Alpine campground. That included a stop to pull out the BBQ and have a dog and a beer. I hate I-5
We arrived to clear skies and stars, clouds rushing around the mountain, a lightning show only a few miles north, fairly warm night and zero mosquitoes.
By the time we set up camp and had our requisite # of brewskis it was 3 am. Not feeling the need to ski frozen corn we arrived on the mountain roughly 10 AM to perfect corn and a hole in the clouds that was sunshine and blue. Surrounding Hood on all sides at ?5000 ft? was a layer of cloud cover.

Skiing was great and it was near 1 PM before my shell came off, so not one of those blistering hot Palmer days, which kept the snow in great shape. We ripped continuous laps until about 1:30 then opted to ski down instead of download. The bottom was getting sticky, and we had maybe 125 yard walk at the end of the snow to the lot.

A few 5 minute lines, but more times than not a 2 or 3 chair wait. After about noon-ish it was mostly ski up and get on.

We hit GC for a couple pints (in the foggish overcast) then went back up to the sunshine and spent another night before hitting the Washougal Pro Motocross Saturday on the way back.

Cheers - S2F

From the entrance of the campground.

Cloud cover was there all day. I heard it dumped rain in Camas all day.

MX was crowded, lots of peeps came to see the pros.  Not many motor sports where you can be 15 feet away from the racers as they go by. #3 Eli Tomac.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.